New Pikachu Game

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
As I'm sure you are all aware of, there's a new game coming out that stars a Pikachu. Well I have news on this game.

http://cheezburger.com/7873976576

"Now we know the game will be a detective (Looker?) game with Pikachu as your partner. The villain is a rare blue Pikachu that can talk. The game uses motion capture and facial recognition."

A blue... talking... Pikachu. A blue talking Pikachu. I don't even know what to think about this game. It sounds absolutely terrible. Hey! You Pikachu was a great game. Pokemon Channel was a great game. PokePark kind of sucked, and now we have... this. Why? I mean if was Team Rocket or Team *anybody else* and you were tracking them down to stop their plans. Still though that doesn't sound that fun. I need to see more about this game before I judge it further, but I don't really like detective games so this may go in my "will not buy" stack.

As I'm sure you are all aware of, there's a new game coming out that stars a Pikachu. Well I have news on this game.

http://cheezburger.com/7873976576

"Now we know the game will be a detective (Looker?) game with Pikachu as your partner. The villain is a rare blue Pikachu that can talk. The game uses motion capture and facial recognition."

A blue... talking... Pikachu. A blue talking Pikachu. I don't even know what to think about this game. It sounds absolutely terrible. Hey! You Pikachu was a great game. Pokemon Channel was a great game. PokePark kind of sucked, and now we have... this. Why? I mean if was Team Rocket or Team *anybody else* and you were tracking them down to stop their plans. Still though that doesn't sound that fun. I need to see more about this game before I judge it further, but I don't really like detective games so this may go in my "will not buy" stack.

That image couldn't look any more fake. first off why would a developer hand-draw a 3DS border around the screen he was working on, assuring less visual quality to look for graphical errors when there is NO reason to have one. Secondly, even the in-game graphics look hand drawn. Third, the source you got it from. really?

That's where I get most of my video games news and it's never wrong. I found out about a ton of different games. It's where I even found out about Might No. 9.

That's where I get most of my video games news and it's never wrong. I found out about a ton of different games. It's where I even found out about Might No. 9.

I'm still skeptical, sorry. No programmer places a border of what the console / handheld looks like around their screen. That made it look more like a mini game in a Wario Ware game than anything else.

I guess we'll find out. Everything I've ever seen on there has turned out real. I hope it isn't though only because it's a terrible idea. Detective games aren't that great.

That is not what the game going look like when it is finished in 2015.

That is not what the game going look like when it is finished in 2015.

My point still stands - there is no reason for a developer to draw a flash animation style frame around the development project's graphical test area. At the very best that will be something for the Wii U on the pad. Also, Nintendo does not usually let leak information 2 years in advance. And that background for the TV stand and wall also look fake to me.

This has been confirmed for weeks, I'm shocked nobody said that in this topic sooner. Pretty sure Nintendo 3DS Daily even posted about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFgKPpb_v5Q

Cool, thanks for the link. So... I still don't get why they hand-drew that frame there unless it was for advertisement purposes only? And am I the only one sick of seeing the focus always be pikachu in all of these spinoffs? It was fine when the cartoon first came out but here we are with 722 pokémon... can we find a different one to make a spin-off with just once please?

I still don't like the detective thing. I don't know why. I mean next thing you know you'll have Pokecourt.

"Pikachu did you see what happened?"

"Pika! Pi pi pikachu. Piiiika... CHU!"

"Thank you."

Then again any game that takes place in a court room sounds boring so... yeah bad example.

I still don't like the detective thing. I don't know why. I mean next thing you know you'll have Pokecourt.

"Thank you."

Then again any game that takes place in a court room sounds boring so... yeah bad example.

3576-objection.jpg

"Thank you."

3576-objection.jpg

I'm sorry what?

"Thank you."

3576-objection.jpg

I'm sorry what?

Do you honestly not know what Ace Attorney is? Phoenix Wright games are court games and some of the most popular Capcom franchised labels globally! Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law had a spin-off of the cartoon series also made by Capcom using the exact gameplay style and engine as PW:AaL.

You better not diss Phoenix Wright, DYL. It's great.

Phoenix Wright is a bad***!
I might consider this Pikachu Detective game. I'm always down to try a new game. It could be fun.

"Thank you."

3576-objection.jpg

I'm sorry what?

Do you honestly not know what Ace Attorney is? Phoenix Wright games are court games and some of the most popular Capcom franchised labels globally! Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law had a spin-off of the cartoon series also made by Capcom using the exact gameplay style and engine as PW:AaL.

I've heard of it, but I thought it was a puzzle game because of the Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright cross over. Other than that I've never played it.

This game sounds like it's going to have a playstyle like pokemon trozei. Where quick thinking is an advantage. What I still don't get is nintendo made a pokepark 2, a black and white 2 yet not another pokemon snap. The 3ds and wii u function would work PERFECTLY for one and if this will be like trozei I really hope a new pokemon snap will be in the making

Back