New Pokemon Game Announced For Spring 2012

Fillfall

Awards
Credits
So I just read about this on another forum, and I will just copy paste it in here
Fish.png

Originally Posted by Serebii
Dengeki Online has revealed a brand new Pokémon game for release next year. This game Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition (ポケモン プラス ノブナガの野望 ) is due for release in Japan in Spring 2012 on Nintendo DS. Not much is known about this game yet but it appears to be an RPG game, similar to the Nobunaga Ambition games set in old Japan which are Turn-Based Strategy RPGs and labelled as a simulation. This game is a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga Ambition where you have to take over Japan gradually, but how Pokémon ties in, is not yet known. Details are being added as we speak. This game is set within the Ranse Region
Edit @ 03:03; More details have come in from the official site and will be added here as we translate them. At the moment, all we have are character names;
Like the main games, you can select either a male or female heroine. They both start with Eevee
Nobunaga is the main warlord who has Zekrom as his partner
Oichi is a character who helps you in the game, paired with Jigglypuff
Mitsuhude is a character teamed with Articuno
Shingen is a character teamed with Groudon
Kenshin is a character teamed with Mewtwo
More information is promised in January, indicating it'll be in CoroCoro and possibly be the game CoroCoro revealed

Pokémon Dungeon:
That’s right folks! We’ve got a brand new Pokemon game that’s been announced! The the title of this new game is Pokemon + Nobunaga’s Ambition. It is unclear if this title is official or not, as it appears to only be a Japanese translation, and that there is already a series called Nobunga’s Ambition which is a series of RPG games on various Japanese platforms.

This new game appears to be a cross over of Pokemon and Nobunga’s Ambition. If you aren’t sure what that series really is, be sure to hit the jump for more information on the series and the new game, along with some images and a video dealing with the new game!

The Nobunga’s Ambition series, from Wikipedia’s article on them, states that:

Nobunaga’s Ambition is a series of turn-based grand strategy role-playing simulation video games, first released in 1983 by the Japanese video game developer Koei. Nobunaga’s Ambition takes place during the Sengoku period of feudal Japan. As the title suggests, the player is tasked with achieving the ultimate goal of warlord Oda Nobunaga: the conquest and unification of Japan. Selecting Oda Nobunaga is optional, however, as the player is also able to choose from a variety of other regional daimyos of the time.
This leads me to believe that the games will probably follow this genre, but with a Pokemon theme.

Here are some images dealing with the new game, and some actual screenshots from the game.]
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-1.jpg
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-2.jpg
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-3.jpg
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-4.jpg
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-5-e1324089808344.jpg
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-6.jpg
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-7.jpg
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-8.jpg
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-9.jpg
nobunaga_ambition_x_pokemon-10.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hxi4rdnOUbQ

oh god...what have they done..? I hope this game never sees the light of day...

Pokemon: WTF Version

I hope this won't ruin the whole series.

I think the best explanation is that this game takes place in ancient times which explains the samurai/shogun-like uniforms and making it look somewhat modern. If it isn't then that's firetrucked up. But we can't judge it until we played it so i'll wait until I play it myself.

NUUUUUUUUUU T-T they went to far with samurai warriors heroes and foe always grab Koei (dynasty) warriors >-< it might be fun but this has gone too far!! -sigh-

FillFall, be weary about just copy-pasting things from another forum, another member did that and some people had a bit of a huge whine about it, heh.

That aside, this looks kinda... interesting. Doesn't look too bad, cool to see MewTwo is getting some spotlight though.

FillFall, be weary about just copy-pasting things from another forum, another member did that and some people had a bit of a huge whine about it, heh.

That aside, this looks kinda... interesting. Doesn't look too bad, cool to see MewTwo is getting some spotlight though.

Considering most of it is quotes from Serebii and other sites, and that I'm a well known member of the site, I don't think they care so much.

I don't find any of them appealing. The only ones I do find interesting are the legendaries.

I think this will be a stunt to make the Nobunaga's Ambition serie somewhat more populair. It seems like they just added in the Pokemon in a game they were making. I think it will be a little like Mystery Dungeon though, but we'll see.

so far, from what i've seen, i think it'll be like fire emblem with pokemon.
also, love how the main character is getting all serious looking over a fight with a bidoof.
and what's up with the guys chest in the last picture? it looks like he's a woman!

I hope this won't ruin the whole series.
Pokemon Black and White's Pokemon already did that.

This game however looks like some kind of weird Fire Emblem, Pokemon mash up.
I like B/W! What's wrong with them?
I don't find any of them appealing. The only ones I do find interesting are the legendaries.
um.... this game seems to be like dynasty warriors empires! That game was too good to be true and with pokemon in it, this will be fun and there is nothing wrong in the making of pokemon black and white. The only pokemon i really didn't like is patrat. He kinda took the roll of ratata....but for the most part. I will like this game
biggrin.gif

it looks pre pokemon red,blue and green.before oak is born.before pokeballs were made.where pokemon fight beside there masters.cant wait to play it

Gah, this wasn't the pokemon Grey I was expecting, seems more like Pokemon Retarded Samurai. This Series is not gonna reach it's 15th Gen, but it'll probably drag it out for a few more generations.

What annoys me most about this game:

It BREAKS the timeline/regional aspects established by previous games (specifically Heartgold/Soulsilver for acknowledging the previous gen). How could Mewtwo be in feudal Japan if he was only cloned in Kanto AFTER the great Pokemon war? How are Pokemon indigenous only to the Unova region (based on the USA) roaming about in Japan? Did they ALL migrate somehow leaving behind not a single sample species to reproduce?

It BREAKS the timeline/regional aspects established by previous games (specifically Heartgold/Soulsilver for acknowledging the previous gen). How could Mewtwo be in feudal Japan if he was only cloned in Kanto AFTER the great Pokemon war? How are Pokemon indigenous only to the Unova region (based on the USA) roaming about in Japan? Did they ALL migrate somehow leaving behind not a single sample species to reproduce?

This game isn't canon to the main series, so no timeline breaking is done, and even if it was canon, why can't it just be some old fashioned or a third world version of japan?

Last edited by a moderator:

This game isn't canon to the main series, so no timeline breaking is done, and even if it was canon, why can't it just be some old fashioned or a third world version of japan?
Though Mewtwo is a pokemon that was created by a fossil of Mew, but this game could be in like the present. Yeah, this does make sense but what if this game were to be in the present. Ya know like when Mewtwo was created? That would make sense. And yeah, it isn't canon to the main series.
biggrin.gif

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb6R_f1iyq4[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back