Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I'm scared to think how much time went in to finding this bug. Also the person puts me to shame at playing Mario, I never even thought to just rush through the levels I was always slowing down jumping into things and throwing the controller in despair haha.

Kind of amazing that people are still in the duty of finding glitches in this game, but how is it possible to discover something like that?!

Death said:
I'm scared to think how much time went in to finding this bug. Also the person puts me to shame at playing Mario, I never even thought to just rush through the levels I was always slowing down jumping into things and throwing the controller in despair haha.
same thing with me.

LightJeep said:
Kind of amazing that people are still in the duty of finding glitches in this game, but how is it possible to discover something like that?!
I have no idea, lots of time I guess with no life.

Death said:
That is crazy. Looks like the quality control testers were asleep on the job! :notright:  :notright:

That's an interesting glitch. There's been another new Mario glitch discovered recently (well it's a variation on an old glitch) in Super Mario World. There are two parts to that glitch, one is a way to get the Lakitu Cloud in your inventory box, which you can then call out for you to use on any level by pressing select. It's a glitched cloud that doesn't despawn, so you can use it for an entire level. The second part is a glitch in the browser fight where if you go off-screen at the right place and right time it'll make Browser's AI skip a stage in the browser fight. With the cloud you're able to perform this AI skip accurately because you can easily fly off the top of the screen at the right time with it. It saves about 20 seconds on the browser fight.

So this has had big reprecursions in the super mario world speedrunning community, and multiple people have beaten the old world record in the last two weeks because of this glitch. If you want to see it go search for people doing mario world speedruns on twitch, you should be able to find someone attempting it pretty easily.

It's pretty cool that people are still discovering new things about these games that have been "played to death" already.

I think it's really cool that people still, after all those years, play this game so hardcore that they discover new stuff. That sure says something about the qualtity of it!
Sadly I never owned a Nintendo so I didn't play this game myself when I was young.

If this would go for every game, I fear 30 years from now the battlefield 4 glitch count will be something like 189,625,856,983,569.

Haha

Back