New suggestions

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Just adding a few suggestions for the forum.

1. New store items.
Right now there's nothing much we can do with our shard. Stuff making our profiles look better would be nice. The option to start and manage a new subcategory on the forum after staff approval.

2. New profile features.
I don't how easy/hard it would be to do this, but it would be nice if our profiles had a feature that allowed us to show (without being bulky) what games we played before, we would of course add this manually if having a database to choose from isn't possible. But a sort of drop down menu sorting them through categories on the profiles would be neat.

3. A mobile site
Having a mobile chat site could be a nice way to attract new members, and maybe also mobile browser games. Something similar to wap.kalador.com would be cool, its simple but its pretty active (I've been chatting there for 4 years even though I don't play the games anymore).

4. Arcade suggestions
Already posted threads about those, here are the links.
Link3 Link2 Link3

1. I would like to add stuff to the store, but it's limited as to what I can add. Can you detail more what you mean on manage a new subcategory?

2. Hmmmm, I can look into this but I don't think there is any way to do this without it getting bulky

3. what do you mean by mobile chat site?

1. Well for example if I want a "First Generations consoles" category I could ask if it would be possible to create on in the "The World of Miscellaneous Gaming" that I would maintain and manage,

2. I think that would be nice to know everyone's taste in games :p

3. Just a simple site accessible from phones, with a few chatrooms, and multiplayer text browser games.

I agree with store items. It's been a bit over a year since Shards have been added, and I have yet to be able to buy a PSN card.

By advertising the games on it, if they are good people will most likely join. Ans if the chat is simple and easy to use I could probably find around 10 people from the chat I normally use to join. For converting the traffic a banner at the top of the site and messages sent to all the users Including news world be nice. I'll check if I can get the game scripts from the kalador wapsite.

Some text multiplayer games, survival games are pretty popular. Stuff where players get eliminated everyday, or maybe a simple strategy game where you have to build an army and attack other players. There are probably some free scripts for these kind of games out there.

So let me see if I am reading this right, I should set up a mobile chat site which has links to this forum while links to video games from other sites and hopefully if people enjoy them they would stop by the forum and hopefully join and be active?

Close but no, set up a mobile site, that will have its own games as well as chat rooms. If you want a model check out wap.kalador.com. It used to be pretty popular but due to the lack of improvements its pretty much dying. I even proposed to buy it once but I kinda lost interest before negotiating a price since I had other projects in mind.
Either way, that's the concept you should use.

Finding good games to host on the site will be the most important part.

Most likely, and I have a pretty good reputation there there (also lots of haters since I'm the moderator of the main chatroom) so as long as the site you make is good I could surely convince most of them to join.

Back