Next big thing for Sony?

I think the Playstation 5 would be upgrade-able where users can upgrade the RAM, CPU, and graphics card easily, so they don't have to buy a new console to play the same game at higher video quality settings.

Most likely cement 4k technology into the PS5 and boots VR abilities along with other tech upgrades.

I think the Playstation 5 would be upgrade-able where users can upgrade the RAM, CPU, and graphics card easily, so they don't have to buy a new console to play the same game at higher video quality settings.
Eh I don't see it. They will lose their one unique selling point and the reason many buy a console over PC.

Most likely cement 4k technology into the PS5 and boots VR abilities along with other tech upgrades.
Probably this. I don't expect it to be majorly different, but it is likely to have more of a focus on 4k and VR (providing those things catch off in the next couple of years), I expect a higher end console though which has more power to push for quality performance. I also expect things like Playstation Now to really be focused on.

Probably this. I don't expect it to be majorly different, but it is likely to have more of a focus on 4k and VR (providing those things catch off in the next couple of years), I expect a higher end console though which has more power to push for quality performance. I also expect things like Playstation Now to really be focused on.

I don't think 4k will vanish unless ISP services go down the tubes. PS4 uses upscaling 4k tech so PS5 should be true 4k.

Eh I don't see it. They will lose their one unique selling point and the reason many buy a console over PC.

If future versions of the Playstation comes with USB-C, or a similar port, Sony could make an external USB-C graphics card for improve graphics if there is enough demand for one from users instead of making two versions of their Playstation consoles where one is more powerful than the other.

I think there is some demand for the ability to plug-in a faster graphics card instead of buying a new Playstation to play games at higher quality settings.

I don't expect anything too massive here, just the usual upgrades for hardware and immediate support for 4K and VR. I mean, where do you think things would go? It's not like the last few generations of gaming have seen that much change on a 'gimmick' level, at least outside of the small foray into motion controls we got in 2006 or so.

I don't expect anything too massive here, just the usual upgrades for hardware and immediate support for 4K and VR. I mean, where do you think things would go? It's not like the last few generations of gaming have seen that much change on a 'gimmick' level, at least outside of the small foray into motion controls we got in 2006 or so.

Nintendo keeps things fresh though unlike the power houses.

Back