Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft has finally confirmed that they will reveal their next entertainment system on May 21st 2013 at 10am PDT.

Microsoft says that the event will "mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV, and entertainment," and will come accompanied with a live broadcast on Xbox.com, Xbox Live, and Spike TV. Interestingly, the post goes on to say that the event will serve as only an initial "taste," but that it will save its larger lineup of games for E3.

"On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games."

Live or die, whats it going to be MS?

I'm looking forward to see the new features of the Xbox 720 although personally I won't be getting it neither will my friends.

I'm looking forward to this.

Can't wait to see what games they are going to showcase for it.

Cool, I wonder would the Next Xbox be more like a gaming computer as well since it's operating system is a modified version of Windows 8 according to http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/89740-will-the-xbox-720-run-windows-8 ,  so if it can also run regular desktop program like Firefox, Photoshop, etc like the regular PC with Windows 8, I bet a lot of people will want the Next Xbox since having a game console which can also run a lot of regualar Windows program people use on a PC adds more functionality to a game console instead of just social networking and video streaming apps for current consoles.

Me and many of my friends are looking forward to this release even though most of won't get it but still its an event that most people will look forward to.

I think most people who play Halo, Fable, Forza, PGR Racing, and exclusive Xbox games on the 360 and original Xbox 1 will want to see how the trailers for newer versions of Xbox games will look on a newer console, and I read there would be an optional projector display for the Xbox which turns the background of your wall into a giant screen to make games more realistic because your wall, and your TV will be part of the game.

The projector feature looks quite good but that would probably only increase the price slightly. On another note, only 10 days left for the reveal!

I think you can use your own projector if you own one already, and eBay, Craigslist, and other shopping sites has plenty of cheap projectors you can buy. There are also a few low quality projectors which cost $99 which may work well in very dark rooms for the Xbox projector feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vzwtVZfYBY

I wonder if it would be possible to just use a large white screen or a white wall to project the entire gameplay onto, so no TV is needed to play Xbox games, and also have the projector feature on the Next Xbox.

Back