Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Finished played Nier: Automata tonight, well most of it anyways. Got to say this is a truly heart wrenching game considering its nothing more than petty battles between two types of automated beings. Combat was fun throughout, the enemies kept the game challenging and the music is too awesome for words.

Anyone else here play this?

This is always a game I have had my eye on to be honest but didn't know anyone who has played it. I'm glad you've enjoyed it, as i'm coming to end of a few games now and would like to fill that hole with Nier.

Glad the music is awesome too!

They published a guideline on fan art, 2B hentai fan art is still allowed lol, translated by Dualshockers:

The guidelines published by Square Enix concern fan-made content of every game in the NieR series:

・NieR Replicant
・NieR Gestalt
・NieR:Automata
・NieR Re[in]carnation
・NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…

Long story short, the guidelines mention:​

1/ Don’t use your content for commercial purposes.
2/ Do not use any material from the series (illustrations, videos, scenarios, music) as is. It’s also forbidden to trace official illustrations.
3/ It’s forbidden to try to pass your content as official.
4/ Don’t do something that could damage the image of the series or exceeds what’s socially acceptable.
5/ Don’t use your content to attack others.
6/ Don’t use content from the series which has its rights shared with another company, such as collab content.
7/ If Square Enix tells you to stop whatever you’re doing, you acquiesce, no questions asked.

On stream, series producer Yosuke Saito said Square Enix is usually okay with everything as long as you don’t sell something and try to pass it off as official merch. He also brought up how Yoko Taro and himself already went to Comiket more than once to sell their own doujinshi. Though they can’t anymore with the pandemic.

Preeeeety sure rule 4 is broken by hentai. Just saying...
lol well Yoko Taro is a perv so he allows it anyway despite the written guideline

A perv you say? That was most definitely not clear in the game :p
lol

The guy also admited that he read japanese erotica stuff in one of the japanese interviews before lol

Yoko Taro is getting a manga adaptation lol:

translated by Dualshockers:
Yoko Taro: “It seems like my life is getting a manga adaptation (Saying it like I’m unconcerned). By the way, NieR Automata‘s character designer Akihiko Yoshida was also featured in this manga series in the past”.

He wants to be "crushed" by 2B's Back PLOT lol

Yoko Taro posted this:

Back