Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Nintendo is getting a lot of indie support for their Switch console and to show it all off, they are planning a Nindies Nintendo Direct on March 20th at 9 a.m. PT/12 p.m. ET.

You can watch it here when it goes live.

I... I think I'll pass. I'm not the biggest fan of indie games. Don't get me wrong, some are fantastic, but most of the indie stuff on the Switch seems to be... okay, look I know how this is going to sound and it's not going to sound good, but it's all retro looking. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm interested in playing Owlboy someday and maybe Celeste, but the ones I'm talking about are the ones that look like cheaply made retro games. The ones that would pass more on a mobile phone and not console. Like the 8bit rpgs, the action puzzle games, and things like those.

I... I think I'll pass. I'm not the biggest fan of indie games. Don't get me wrong, some are fantastic, but most of the indie stuff on the Switch seems to be... okay, look I know how this is going to sound and it's not going to sound good, but it's all retro looking. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm interested in playing Owlboy someday and maybe Celeste, but the ones I'm talking about are the ones that look like cheaply made retro games. The ones that would pass more on a mobile phone and not console. Like the 8bit rpgs, the action puzzle games, and things like those.

I expect this showcase to show off a few good ones but most will be shovelware.

Back