Nintendo 2DS

Demon_Skeith said:
Honestly, what do you guys do to your DS handhelds? I bought a used DS and that is still in perfect condition.
Not my fault my sister left mine on AND open one day when I climbed out of bed.

On the floor. Now I can flip it open like I can when I put a Be be round in a be be gun.

I don't like the design of the 2ds, I do however understand why they made it. I'm not sure how well another DS system will do though, I feel at this point it's been overused and becoming a cash grab for Nintendo.

Trilient said:
I don't like the design of the 2ds, I do however understand why they made it. I'm not sure how well another DS system will do though, I feel at this point it's been overused and becoming a cash grab for Nintendo.
I don't feel Nintendo can abandon the duel screen, it's something needed for their games. A second screen makes it easy to select things and viewing other things that the first screen can't do.

Demon_Skeith said:
I don't feel Nintendo can abandon the duel screen, it's something needed for their games. A second screen makes it easy to select things and viewing other things that the first screen can't do.
I agree, Nintendo hand held needs dual screens since it makes viewing more info easier, and not everything is cramed into one screen.

The 2DS would also be good for people who just plan on buying a few games for it since the 2DS is cheaper, so gamers have more money left over for games. The 2DS also can play DS games, so a 2DS would be good for someone who has a lot of DS games, but don't plan on getting a lot of 3DS games.

The folding part not being on the 2DS is not really a big deal for someone who mostly play their 2DS at home, or carry around a purse or back pack which can fit a 2DS onto it.

robertson123 said:
I like it the only thing i don't like is that it has nothing to protect the screen from getting damaged
Most likely companies like Nyko, Madcatz, and Pelican are designing screen protectors, and protective cases for the 2DS, so when you are not using it, tou can use a door on the case to cover the two screens.

I remember when the Gameboy Advance had nothing covering the screen, and there were a few companies like Madcatz which made cases, and screen protectors to protect the GBA's screen, or console.

Betting the 2DS is a way to promote Pokemon X/Y due to the announcement at this time. It looks neat though kinda does make the 3DS redundant after the emphasis on the 3D effect. :p

Golden Shroom said:
Betting the 2DS is a way to promote Pokemon X/Y due to the announcement at this time. It looks neat though kinda does make the 3DS redundant after the emphasis on the 3D effect. :p
I'm pretty sure its the other way around. They are using the upcoming release of Pokemon X/Y to promote the 2DS.

Back