Nintendo Badge Arcade

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What do you think of this title? It's not really a game, more of a free app you use to get badges for your 3DS home screen. You win these in some sort of crane game type deal, where repeated plays can be paid for with real money.

A video, for those who may have forgotten:

Personally, I'm conflicted. I like the badges and designs, I don't care much for the freemium stuff. But what do you think?

It's interesting and a bit fun. Maybe not the best thing in the world, but it's still cool to me. I've actually won quite some badges already and mostly trying to win the free plays, rarely spending my money. I'm actually broke at the moment after going to GameStop and buying a Mewtwo amiibo and a Hatsune Miku Funko Pop! figure. $0.00, can't get almost anything with that, right?

I like the idea, but I don't want to pay for spins. I may just use the free ones and never use it again.

It's a cute idea, but nothing I'd ever spend money on. It seems like there's also limited time sets, badges you can only collect during special events- at least I saw something about that this morning and it seemed that was the case? Money grab if ever I saw one. Not interested. I might mess with it if someone manages to hack it for unlimited tries, but otherwise I'd rather spend any cosmetic money on the themes, where I'll be for sure getting what I want.

I just checked it out. There's chances for free plays every day and sometimes they have special offers for free plays. They try to make you feel bad for it, but I don't care. xD

I might give it a go but I am not really interested in spending money on it.
I don't really like microtransactions so in your face so I am hoping this will be discreet enough and still enjoyable even without spending money on it.

I might give it a go but I am not really interested in spending money on it.
I don't really like microtransactions so in your face so I am hoping this will be discreet enough and still enjoyable even without spending money on it.
I'll warn you now, it's not discreet. They'll keep tell you again and again. It's not overly annoying, but it's not subtle either.

Sounds like it will be going to the folder at the end of my lower screen in a short time.
I have download it but I haven't given it a spin yet.

You know what- I'm gonna be stepping off my high horse on this one! My husband started playing the badge arcade and was telling me just how many free plays you got for it, so I started playing it as well, for just the free plays... Now those free plays have turned into 4 or 5 dollars worth of paid plays. I am ashamed. But the sweet Wooly World Yoshi's, Mario themed system buttons, Splatoon Squidlings and Animal Crossing characters, and really nice Super Mario World badges including an enormous Bowser more then make up for it! It's really nice actually, spicing up my home screen with them, and being able to put badges on my folders to get rid of the silly letters it insists on using. Rather then having all my buttons clustered together on one page, I've actually got stuff pulled out, and interspersed with the badges.

Still not touching this one. Cause I know that if I do, I'll end up spending tens or hundreds of pounds on it.

I hstill haven't tried it. I want to give it a go specially for the stickers instead of letters, that sounds pretty cool.

After transferring my 3DS to my New 3DS I never redownloaded it. I figured I have all the badges I could ever really want anyway.

After transferring my 3DS to my New 3DS I never redownloaded it. I figured I have all the badges I could ever really want anyway.
They do make new badges... at least I assume they do. They've been spewing Zelda badges nonstop since I started playing it, which sucks, because I have little interest in collecting those.... Still pulling for Starfox one day!

They do make new badges... at least I assume they do. They've been spewing Zelda badges nonstop since I started playing it, which sucks, because I have little interest in collecting those.... Still pulling for Starfox one day!
They do. I just mean I'm glad with the ones I have.

I played the free games and never opened it again. It just doesn't appeal to me, and I don't really want the decorations on my screen.

Okay, sold.
I'll be trying it out today.
Hehehe, I don't think they have too many Zelda ones right this second, they changed over to a bunch of Mario Kart ones and Fire Emblem Fates ones to hype the new game. Last couple weeks they've been doing tons of Zelda, and all different series too- even some old pixel art ones that had japanese text on them and stuff... I'm sure they'll be back around soon though!

Back