Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNmNkyAu56Y

Ehh, found this to be boring. A few good reveals, but nothing major about this conference.

I'm going to be straight on this. This was VERY upsetting. I'm not a Nintendo fan. But I don't wish them ill either. To have a "conference" like this really slaps their fans in the face.

I don't even know where to begin. Star Fox with NO online, a game that POSES like Metroid. Animal Crossing made to be an amiibo cash cow...I mean my god....

I'm a Nintendo fan. So I can find SOME good in their direct in terms of the 3DS. But that Wii U stuff....they might as well announce to the world "we don't care about the Wii U anymore".

I used to say people were full of it when they said "Nintendo should go third party". I laughed at that at one time. But now, I'm starting to think MAYBE they should. That showing was pathetic. It's like they forgot E3 was coming or something.

Even if they do bring out the NX soon, how will they get people to buy it? This showing goes a long way to screwing up consumer faith in them I tell you that now.

Nintendo is in a tough spot right now. The problem here is they though they could skirt by on the Wii's success (which was a fluke btw). Third parties have a tough time supporting it for being underpowered, having a controller that will cost them more R&D, and an install base that grows too slowly.

If Nintendo cuts and runs on the Wii U, which it looks like they will, the NX will be dead on arrival because customers will feel like Nintendo is abusing them.

The best thing they can do for themselves is ride out the Wii U and let the NX come out with the other two systems when they release. That has problems in itself. But at least they will still have SOME consumer faith if they do that.

Nintendo's problems at E3 showed their issue as a company period.

They think the industry has to adapt to them rather than them adapting to the industry.

This isn't 1985 anymore. The customers that grew up on their games are now fully grown adults. And with that comes a maturing taste. Which is a big part as to why the PS4 and XB1 pulled ahead of Nintendo.

Even the kid base they are going for are more "matured" than they were in 1985. So with that, you can't simply rest on your laurels.

Nintendo needs to live by the old saying: "Evolve or Die".

Back