Nintendo eShop - Credit Card

Pat67

Awards
Credits
Hello everyone!

Please do not judge me. I am a beginner in this forum. It's my first post.

Please help me :-(. I tried downloading a game from the Nintendo eShop with my new credit card today and it was an error "This credit card cannot be used" and it kept asking me for funds, before purchasing each time.

I have talked with the customer service of my bank and they told me that the amount of money has been removed by my account.

I have also talked with the customer service of Nintendo and they told me, that I didn't buy anything today.

So? Where's my money? I want them back :-(

Please help,

Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone!

Please do not judge me. I am a beginner in this forum. It's my first post.

Please help me :-(. I tried downloading a game from the Nintendo eShop with my new credit card today and it was an error "This credit card cannot be used" and it kept asking me for funds, before purchasing each time.

I have talked with the customer service of my bank and they told me that the amount of money has been removed by my account.

I have also talked with the customer service of Nintendo and they told me, that I didn't buy anything today.

So? Where's my money? I want them back :-(

Please help,

Pat

If Nintendo and your bank both cannot help you then I'm not sure what to tell you other than wait 3 days and then call both again as sometimes it takes 3 days for a hiccup in the system to fix itself.

Also, you say "It kept asking me for funds before purchasing each time". First off, it will always do that as you need to add funds to the 3DS from the credit card and then purchase the game, it doesn't work like a 360 and just remove it directly from the card and instantly start the DL. You may have kept adding the funds but never DLed the game. Check on the top of the eShop's screen where it states "BALANCE:" that it doesn't say "BALANCE:00.00". I'm assuming you'll have at least 2.97 there (assuming the game was $1 at the cheapest) if you attempted it 3 times.

Thank you for your answer :)

3 days? If the weekend is not included, it means 5 days.. Oh no! :-(

The balance is 0,00€ (0,00$). Maybe, because I tried adding only the required amount only each time I attempted to download the game. I attempted it 4 times. The first one was, when my funds were gone :-(. And what is the "360" you mentioned?

Thank you for your answer :)

3 days? If the weekend is not included, it means 5 days.. Oh no! :-(

The balance is 0,00€ (0,00$). Maybe, because I tried adding only the required amount only each time I attempted to download the game. I attempted it 4 times. The first one was, when my funds were gone :-(. And what is the "360" you mentioned?

Xbox 360. When you choose "Pay with credit card" it takes the exact amount out automatically and begins the download.

Not sure about your bank, but mine operates on Saturdays too so maybe just 4.

Back