Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown:

Nintendo issues a DMCA takedown to Lockpick, a tool used to access files and keys for Switch games that you own.

Lockpick is a tool used to legitimately play Nintendo Switch games on PC, in that it's designed to work with games you own via accessing the physical files and keys. With the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom leaking ahead of its launch, the creators of Lockpick have reportedly received a DMCA takedown notice from Nintendo.

Nintendo did wrong in their Switch design. But they do need to play it safe. Especially if it's for a new game. Sure playing on PC is inconvenient, but that makes it more traceable and not the intent of the games' purpose. I understand completely how this could get out of hand and PC is not the master race.

I've heard that it's a 10 on the Richter scale! Nintendo is REALLY out for blood over this one! Well, I gotta go delete some 10 attachments a spam bot left on my forum a couple weeks ago!

Nintendo (or those so-called Nintendo white knights and/or copyright trolls posing as Nintendo) are really desperate at this point at stopping Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom leaks. This is just another game of whack-a-mole if I saw one.

The keys extracted from a jailbroken switch (presumably your own) using Lockpick_RCM or similar in conjunction with a NAND backup are also paramount for the event if your Switch ever gets bricked as per the various Switch homebrew guides out there and not just for emulation matters.

I've backed up my homebrewed Switch's keys around three and a half years ago. I doubt my 10 year old laptop that I'm using to post this is even capable of running a Switch emulator without issues, and I do all my Switch game playing shenanigans on my actual Switches at this time.

Last edited:
Back