Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Nintendo just announced as part of its latest Direct that a range of Game Boy games will be coming to the Switch’s online service. They’ll include Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games. Most of the games are available to play right now. If you’re wondering about multiplayer, don’t sweat it; you can sit two Switches down and play together just like you could with a link cable.

Here’s the full list of launch games:

Launch Lineup of Game Boy – Nintendo Switch Online

• Tetris®
  • Super Mario Land 2 – 6 Golden Coins
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
  • GARGOYLE’S QUEST
  • Game & Watch Gallery 3
  • Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
  • Metroid II – Return of Samus
  • Wario Land 3
  • Kirby’s Dream Land
Launch Lineup of Game Boy Advance – Nintendo Switch Online

• Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

It is nice that the Switch will be getting Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games today.

I like the lineup but the 3DS had a good slew of those listed. Also, no Mother 3 is a crime unless it's sold for a limited time like Fire Emblem NES.

To Nintendo: WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL NINTENDO?
They're actually including multiplayer support!? For GAME BOY GAMES!? Well burn me with a blowtorch and douse me with liquid nitrogen and call me a frozen flame! I didn't think they had it in them! Still, it gets a big N-O from me since my Anbernic and PC are still the more optimal ways to emulate the systems! Too bad Nintendo, too bad... Good job on making Link Cable support... a thing... but good luck getting two switches to actually RUN the software! It's a MASSIVE pain to use online with 2 or more switches and... You know what? Just forget it, I'm not finishing this sentence!

This is awesome, if not a tad upsetting, I just bought the Superstar Saga 3DS remake like two weeks ago. Also I love how the Link's Awakening remake is no longer needed because DX is the superior version of the game. The remake looks nice sure, but it got rid of the camera guy with the funny scenes. Also I guess I have no reason to not play Super Mario Land 2. It's been a game I've been meaning to play for like ever and just never got around to it.

It is nice that the Switch will be getting Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games today.
Yeah just just hope they add more games in the future as selection is limited at the moment.

I'll give it a go, means I don't need to set up my Gameboy player for certain games.

I'm very happy that I'm able to play GB and GBA games on my switch now! I just hope Gen 1, 2 and 3 of Pokemon will eventually make it to the service. I know the Pokemon Trading Card game is coming at a later date, so there's hope the main series games will too.

I'm very happy that I'm able to play GB and GBA games on my switch now! I just hope Gen 1, 2 and 3 of Pokemon will eventually make it to the service. I know the Pokemon Trading Card game is coming at a later date, so there's hope the main series games will too.
I feel like Bank should be free on 3DS moreso than Switch because I would rather play them on my 3DS than my Switch with a ton more games on it of higher value in case it gets lost while traveling.

Got to say, tried a few games and the emulation is very good. Definitely worth a go!

Wait, what? I can finally relive my childhood and play Pokemon on my Nintendo Switch?! Time to dust off my old Game Boy skills and catch 'em all over again!

Wait, what? I can finally relive my childhood and play Pokemon on my Nintendo Switch?! Time to dust off my old Game Boy skills and catch 'em all over again!
Pokémon isn't going to be on GB Switch Online at launch, nor is it known when or IF it will ever be added to the list on a future date! (It probably will though!)

I started playing WarioWare for the GBA and honestly, it's weird that all the microgames are the same as they are in the GC version. At least I start off being really good at the game lol.

Back