Nintendo Switch in Short Supply

GR News

Feed Poster
Awards
Credits
With students across the globe staying home from school along with their parents due to the raging coronavirus, it means some extra entertainment is in order. One such thing being the ever popular Nintendo Switch console, which if you look at retailers like Amazon and Walmart, you will find them out of stock. Given manufacturing […]
Source

Continue reading...

I feel a lot of people who wanted the Switch may of bought a Switch many months to years a go since the Switch has been released since March 2017.

I wonder if many bew Switch buyers are mainly using their newly bought Switch as a very basic tablet/laptop to use apps like web browser apps for simple word processing, reading text articles, and spreadsheets for work/school, video and music streaming apps, and chat apps like text, video and voice chat, etc.

I feel a lot of iPads, Amazon Kindle Fire, Android tablets, and Windows tablets/laptops and PC maybe sold out at local retail stores, a lot of retail stores like the Apple Store and Samsung stores are also closed until the Coronavirus outbreak is over, so buying tablets and PC devices locally at a store may not be possible.

Buying][ and delivering non-food and non-medical items like tablet PCs like iPads, laptops and PCs may take many more weeks to months to deliver to some buyers home because of the Coronavirus outbreak causing mail service to run more slowly because of the fear of Coronavirus infection, work from home policues, fewer shipping airplanes in service, and social distancing causing delivery workers to work more slowly and carefully to prevent getting the virus.

I read on websites like How To Install Android on Nintendo Switch (The #1 Method) | Know Your Mobile that users can install Android on the Switch. Some users also got Ubuntu Linux installed on the Switch according to This is Ubuntu 18.04 Running on the Nintendo Switch - OMG! Ubuntu! .

Some new Switch buyers may mainly plan to use the Switch as a Android or Ubuntu tablet/laptop for school or work until the Coronavirus outbreak ]is over.

I'm just shocked there can be a supply issue this far into its life cycle.

I'm just shocked there can be a supply issue this far into its life cycle.

The Switch is probably one of the few more affordable tablet devices which some people can still buy locally at Wal-Mart and other food and department stores which are still open and sell game consoles, electronics, and computers. I feel a lot of the people who are forced to work from home and did not own a good PC may of bought most of the affordable Windows and Android tablets, laptops and PC if their PC suddenly breaks. There maybe some people who can only quickly buy a Switch to replace their broken PC and use the Switch for e-mail, chat, and reading text articles until they can find a PC for sale at a local store.

Going into a store to buy a PC or tablet is not be possible in some places because of the Coronavirus lockdown. Apple Store, Samsung Store, Microsoft Store, Bestbuy, and other computer and electronics stores maybe close if there is a Coronavirus lockdown, or an infected worker which shutdown the entire store until the store is disinfected/clean of the Coronavirus.

Back