Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Ever wonder what internal Nintendo look like back during its godly days? Well this French documentary film named Otaku by director Jean-Jacques Beineix made back during 1994 gives us a small glimpse in this unearthed clip.

"We try not to see other companies as compettion" - This seems to have been Nintendo's motto for the longest time. Which is why you don't really see them trying to compete in the hardware battle like Sony and Microsoft.

competing for hardware is pointless, the moment you put something out its already outdated.

competing for hardware is pointless, the moment you put something out its already outdated.
Well true, maybe I should reiterate my statement. I mean not necessarily hardware but graphics mostly. Now don't get me wrong, graphics are NOT everything. I still play the hell out of Side scroller indie games, and 8 bit games, etc.. I'm just saying in the grand scheme of things everyone is looking for bigger and better visuals, bigger better gameplay, etc. Nintendo hasn't really blown me away with anything crazy lately, but they definitely aren't trying to compete with sony or microsoft.

Well true, maybe I should reiterate my statement. I mean not necessarily hardware but graphics mostly. Now don't get me wrong, graphics are NOT everything. I still play the hell out of Side scroller indie games, and 8 bit games, etc.. I'm just saying in the grand scheme of things everyone is looking for bigger and better visuals, bigger better gameplay, etc. Nintendo hasn't really blown me away with anything crazy lately, but they definitely aren't trying to compete with sony or microsoft.

I don't think Nintendo can blow anyone way, the new Zelda might but all I want from Nintendo is fun games which honestly I very rarely see a fun game from Sony or MS these days.

I actually want to get a Wii U just to simply play the Mario Bros games, that's really all I want. I haven't really seen anything from any consoles put out anything fun lately. It's all just sequels or copies of the old gen games. I haven't seen anything really new and original in quite a while.. I've actually gotten to the point of just playing a lot more indie games or playing older games.

I actually want to get a Wii U just to simply play the Mario Bros games, that's really all I want. I haven't really seen anything from any consoles put out anything fun lately. It's all just sequels or copies of the old gen games. I haven't seen anything really new and original in quite a while.. I've actually gotten to the point of just playing a lot more indie games or playing older games.

If it wasn't for RPGs, I would most likely be saying the same.

The nostalgia is real! Always love seeing successful gaming company's more humble beginnings.

Dear god do those cubicles look like a nightmare though..

We game on people's pain and sleepless nights.
Seriously, I do not envy those guys. I guess I've always assumed video game studios were all like HiRez or RIOT where everything is super relaxed but still productive. That looked like factory-floor type status.

Back