Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read Disgaea RPG Studio Nippon Ichi is in Financial Trouble, cannot pay their employees. Damn hopefully they will not go bankrupt, from dualshockers and twitter:

Disgaea RPG studio, Nippon Ichi Software, is in dire financial straits and cannot afford to pay staff after the mobile title was de-platformed.

D60Va7pU0AAdNKm.jpg

According to reports from various Japanese news outlets (and relayed through Twitter user HDKirin), Nippon Ichi Software is in dire financial straits. The development and publishing company has been suffering for quite some time due to poor sales of their titles in Japan. And now it seems, due to debilitating issues surrounding their latest mobile title Disgaea RPG, NIS can no longer afford to pay their employees.

HDKirin on Twitter

Japanese site Ha-Navi confirms that Disgaea RPG is the main cause for this last decline that resulted in the company unable to pay wages. On March 19th of this year, the title — a collaboration effort between NIS and Forward Works (a subsidiary of Sony) — began service.

However, since that launch the game had to undergo long-term maintenance due to its many and major issues and was taken down. Service has not been restored as of this writing. Naturally, as revenue cannot be gained from a game no longer available on the market, the company has no way to recoup their losses and pay the staff’s salaries.

I'm surprised, Disgaea should have filled their banks for a good while as I thought it was a popular RPG? Well they could always sell themselves to Square or Sony.

It's the mobile game of Disgaea, the culprit, the main Disgaea games are selling well/good enough I think. I hope this won't affect NIS America, especially with English Trails Of Cold Steel III (and should be IV too) are handled by NISA.

Last edited:
Back