Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
NIS America has announced that a data breach has happened with their servers with very sensitive information possible being stolen.

It is recommended that you keep an eye on your credit information.

That is unfortunate. I think users should cancel their old credit cards, and get a new card.

Or just block your credit card and switch over to debit cards, since not all credit cards can be suddenly canceled (taking about those who still have debts to pay, which are tonnes of credit card owners).
The great thing about a debit card is that you have to recharge it before you can purchase anything, so if you keep the balance on these things low, your damage will be far lower than on a credit card.

I guest, using cryptocurrencies to pay for stuff online can be another option since you can have many cryptocurrency wallets, and use more than one brand of Crypocurrency.

And so credit cards are.
You can have something the whole world uses like Mastercard or Visa, which each have a less commonly used alternative being Maestro (from Mastercard) and V-Pay (from Visa).
And there are some country-specific alternatives like American Express (USA), MIR (Russia, local spelling = МИР), and JCB (Japan), with each having at least some acceptance in different countries too.

I think giftcards are a good alternative to credit cards since you can just buy a $50 or less giftcard from a physical or online store, and use it to buy stuff from a store, and it maybe more difficult to hack an online giftcard account if the giftcard account requires a password, 2-factor text messaging authentication, and proof of ownership of the giftcard where you need to type in a physical code which is printed on the back of the card.

If someone steals your giftcard, you are only lose $50 or less instead of someone taking thousands of dollars from your credit card to buy stuff.

Back