Other Nobuo Uematsu doesn’t have the ‘strength’ to score a full video game again

cm2

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from Rock Paper Shotgun

Uematsu told German outlet Zeit Online that while he plans to continue contributing main themes to the Final Fantasy series - having recently revisited his theme for Final Fantasy 7 for latest remake Rebirth - he no longer has the “strength” to score a game in its entirety.

“As far as Final Fantasy is concerned, I'm still involved by writing the main themes for the games,” Uematsu said. (Thanks, VGC.) “But I don't think I'll compose music for a whole game again.

“You would have to give it full throttle for two or three years. And I don't think I have the physical and mental strength to do it anymore.”

The decision doesn’t mark Uematsu’s retirement as a whole, but instead a shift away from video games, as the composer said he would simply prefer to “use the time I have left” to work on projects such as new narrative orchestral performance Merregnon: Heart of Ice - due to premiere in Germany this week - and his band Uematsu Nobuo conTIKI.

Orchestral music is no joke. I can't imagine how many pieces of music need to be put together for 1 theme let alone more than that.

Back