Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
We have secured 925,000 inactive and active accounts that may have been targeted by credential-stuffing attacks.

Our top priority is to help our customers secure their digital lives. Our security team identified a high number of Norton account login attempts indicating credential-stuffing attacks targeting our customers, and we quickly took a variety of actions to help secure our customer’s accounts and their personal information. Systems have not been compromised, and they are safe and operational, but as is all too commonplace in today’s world for bad actors to take credentials found elsewhere, like the dark web, and create automated attacks to gain access to other unrelated accounts.

We have been monitoring closely, flagging accounts with suspicious login attempts and proactively requiring those customers to reset their passwords upon login along with additional security measures to protect our customers. We continue to work with our customers to help them secure their accounts and personal information.

You hear about attacks more & more lately in companies. The hackers seem to be getting smarter even with the higher level of security out there.

It is good that Norton say their Systems have not been compromised, and they are safe and operational.

I haven't used Norton in a very long time, and I'm glad I haven't. It's crazy to think that customer accounts were attacked... I just stick to using Windows Defender, because quite frankly it does it's job just fine and plus I don't have to pay a dime for it!

Back