Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

They completely messed up the hologram in Crash 2.

Reboots, remasters, and basically taking an old game and putting it in today's gaming world, with the enhanced graphics and gameplay, may not be the best idea. You're taking out a piece of childhood filled with nostalgia and success, and you're basically turning it into a cash grab for those kids who grew up playing it. And it's just gonna be disappointing no matter where you look at it. You will always prefer playing the original, since you have memories of those as a kid. People don't like change, and this is exactly what would happen. I don't care how realistic the graphics are, it just won't be the same.

Reboots, remasters, and basically taking an old game and putting it in today's gaming world, with the enhanced graphics and gameplay, may not be the best idea. You're taking out a piece of childhood filled with nostalgia and success, and you're basically turning it into a cash grab for those kids who grew up playing it. And it's just gonna be disappointing no matter where you look at it. You will always prefer playing the original, since you have memories of those as a kid. People don't like change, and this is exactly what would happen. I don't care how realistic the graphics are, it just won't be the same.

It will never be the same as you once first played it, I'm happy they are updating it through but they could stick to the same outline.

It will never be the same as you once first played it, I'm happy they are updating it through but they could stick to the same outline.
Improve their graphics, sure. Add extra levels, add their personal quirks and changes, that's another. Remasters are always a bad idea because they always try to add new things to "justify" the price that they will be putting on the product. After all, if it's just the same game from the 90s but with upgraded graphics, why would people buy it for $20?

I totally agree with you.

First, I'm not really a fan of Playstation anymore (respectively). Second, this is one of those games that sits perfectly as a golden childhood memory in my mind. And I'm not looking to mess up that memory by playing a remade version that probably will not live up to my expectations. Because of that, I don't really see myself playing this ever.

It's a blatant cash-grab let's be real. Lately all sort of media is trying to re-release classics in order to profit from millennial nostalgia and it's honestly making me a bit sick to realize we're being manipulated like this.

I feel even worse knowing I totally bit the bait and I'm hyped as hell. I feel as if I'll get the same feeling of excitement I had as a kid, even though I'm aware it's not possible. It'll be a let down, like most attempts to profit from nostalgia are, because it'll never be the same.

I still think I'll have lots of fun because even if it won't be the same, it'll be pretty similar... At least for us people that haven't had any contact with the game since more than a decade ago.

It's a blatant cash-grab let's be real. Lately all sort of media is trying to re-release classics in order to profit from millennial nostalgia and it's honestly making me a bit sick to realize we're being manipulated like this.

I feel even worse knowing I totally bit the bait and I'm hyped as hell. I feel as if I'll get the same feeling of excitement I had as a kid, even though I'm aware it's not possible. It'll be a let down, like most attempts to profit from nostalgia are, because it'll never be the same.

I still think I'll have lots of fun because even if it won't be the same, it'll be pretty similar... At least for us people that haven't had any contact with the game since more than a decade ago.

even if it is a cash grab, it is a good cash grab. It's a remake done truly right.

I think they've done a great job with the remaster overall. I don't really see much wrong with the hologram either, what am I missing?

I think they've done a great job with the remaster overall. I don't really see much wrong with the hologram either, what am I missing?

missing a lot of sounds effects and the overall look of the PS1 hologram, plus in the PS1 both were engulfed in static and abruptly cut off while in the new one it seems like that's all they had to say.

I've played it and overall, it is so good.. it truly does remind me of the old good Crash Bandicoot. The only thing that I've noticed is that the controls feel somewhat clunky? like they would be slightly delayed? Anybody else experienced this?

For example - a basic box jump would sometimes present a problem because of how delayed the jump seemed to be versus when I actually pressed the button. Unresponsive, that's the word! I read that if you use the D-pad over the analog that it's much better.

But even with all of that said, I still really love the game.

Crash Bandicoot happens to be a game I'm fond of (I've played several on the Nintendo GameCube). I hate when they take something that I absolutely love and ruin it in one way or another. Sometimes, they need to just leave things the way they are and just come up with something completely different or don't do it at all.

I've played it and overall, it is so good.. it truly does remind me of the old good Crash Bandicoot. The only thing that I've noticed is that the controls feel somewhat clunky? like they would be slightly delayed? Anybody else experienced this?

For example - a basic box jump would sometimes present a problem because of how delayed the jump seemed to be versus when I actually pressed the button. Unresponsive, that's the word! I read that if you use the D-pad over the analog that it's much better.

But even with all of that said, I still really love the game.

well the game was made using the D-pad, but the current remake shouldn't make a difference.

I remember playing the very first game with a friend of mine. We spent hours and hours playing the game. Even though this Crash version won't be as good as the original I am sure it will still be very fun to play.

Back