Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

According to a recent tweet from Zach Bussey, who specializes in covering streamer news and insights, a number of streamers in the Middle East have shown concerns about Twitch not paying them last month, which was owed to certain "discrepancies" related to tax forms. It's alleged that the withholding of funds by the website is related to said streamers utilizing a service that allows them to avoid the 30% tax deduction that the US-based platform takes. An additional tweet says that, in such cases, there is a temporary suspension which lasts for three days.

It was towards the latter parts of February that these Middle Eastern Twitch streamers were voicing concerns about missing payments, with one user saying that the situation was "unfair" and that people were being "singled out." At the time, there were no additional details given as to why payments were being held back, other than it was in relation to "certain tax information," which was leaving a number of content creators worried about their incomes. However, some commenting under Bussey's tweets believe that this is an error on Twitch's part and nothing the streamers have done has been questionable.

Because this is the internet I can question both sides and therefore have no preexisting opinion on who is to be held accountable. But Twitch being the more greedy of the two I think there is more than this cover story.

Hopefully, Middle East Twitch Streamers will get paid, and un-suspended.

Because this is the internet I can question both sides and therefore have no preexisting opinion on who is to be held accountable. But Twitch being the more greedy of the two I think there is more than this cover story.

I agree with you that there is more to this story that they are not telling us. It is strange that they are suspending those guys when they should find a solution to the problem.

You're right about how greedy Twitch have been over the last couple of years. They are too self-centered.

Back