NVIDIA fanboy murders AMD fanboy

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Russian NVIDIA fanboy murders AMD fan

In a bizarre chain of events, a Russian programmer "hacked" his friend with a knife after a disagreement about NVIDIA vs. AMD. The man murdered his friend with a kitchen knife by striking him twice on the head and then stabbed his friend another eleven times after he was already dead. He then burned the body in the attempt to cover the crime.

It appears that the argument was the result of drinking alcohol and there may have been something in the alcohol to result in such a violent reaction over graphics card makers. The tragic event happened over a year ago, but the conviction was only recently handed down by the court to 31-year-old Aleksander Trofimov, responsible for murdering 37-year old Evgeny Lylin in Saransk, Russia. He was sentenced to nine and a half years in prison for the crime he eventually admitted to committing.

It sucks to be an AMD fanboy nowadays...

Another reason I don't drink.

I've never believed in the concept of "fanboys".

I'm the kind of person who plays GTA Online, or Yoshi's Woolly World. I don't care if a graphics card is "NVIDIA", or "AMD" (BTW, I have an NVIDIA graphics card). All I care about is if I can play a game without any major issues. I don't care if a game is "exclusive". I'm not the kind of person who'll pre-order a game because it's exclusive, but then get annoyed when they announce it's being released on another system.

RIP Evgeny Lylin.

What a horrible way to die being stabbed multiple times while arguing over video card chips.

I wonder if there was some sort of bad drugs like bath salts mixed with the guy's alcohol. I remember in the past there were news stories of drug users who got high on drugs which were sold as Bath Salts at adult stores which caused people to be extremely violent.

Doesn't surprise me. When Katrina hit New Orleans and Mississippi, I heard a story that a brother murdered his sister over a bag of ice.

Back