Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

lol wut?

My friend showed me this. It's weird, but cool. I mean I have an ocarina and I could do this if I wanted to, but it's way too much work. Plus learning the ocarina is harder than looks. (Then again I played trombone and fingering notes is a lot harder than sliding.)

That is cool.

But, I think this Ocarina controlled house could cause problems for the owner if someone like his friends, haters, or trolls played an Ocarina,, or play his video close to his house, or in his house where things can get turned on and off with a few notes from the Ocarina. If he is watching TV News which shows his video, or playing Zelda music or the game, it can cause things to turn on and off.

A criminal like a robber and stalker may watch this video and record the sound clip and play the music very loudly from a large car stereo, or throw a small wired or wireless speaker into his house to unlock the door and windows to open his home's locks.

Hopefully, the guy unplugs his microphone to his home Ocarina setup when he is not using it, or sleeping in his house.

That is cool.

But, I think this Ocarina controlled house could cause problems for the owner if someone like his friends, haters, or trolls played an Ocarina,, or play his video close to his house, or in his house where things can get turned on and off with a few notes from the Ocarina. If he is watching TV News which shows his video, or playing Zelda music or the game, it can cause things to turn on and off.

A criminal like a robber and stalker may watch this video and record the sound clip and play the music very loudly from a large car stereo, or throw a small wired or wireless speaker into his house to unlock the door and windows to open his home's locks.

Hopefully, the guy unplugs his microphone to his home Ocarina setup when he is not using it, or sleeping in his house.

if nothing else he can't use it while playing any N64 Zelda titles.

if nothing else he can't use it while playing any N64 Zelda titles.

Some TVs, monitors, handheld consoles, and game consoles have a headphone jack, so he can always use headphones. There are also converters which convert HDMI audio and RCA/red and white audio cables to a 3.5mm headphone audio jack, so you can use your headphones or PC speakers on your game console, and other video devices.

It's certainly a neat idea, and I love the novelty of it. But yeah, it's not all that practical as a system you'd use on a day to day basis. Heck, there's a reason why the Zelda series itself moved on from playing certain songs to teleport/change the weather/affect the environment, and that's because it wasn't super practical in the actual games either.

It's certainly a neat idea, and I love the novelty of it. But yeah, it's not all that practical as a system you'd use on a day to day basis. Heck, there's a reason why the Zelda series itself moved on from playing certain songs to teleport/change the weather/affect the environment, and that's because it wasn't super practical in the actual games either.

It was kind of practical, but I like to think the flute in the train game killed the concept. so much rage.....

Back