Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So I logged onto my PS4 today and saw that Destiny 2 is in my list of games to play, with it having some lettering say buy now.

What kind of ad BS is this from sony?

I saw that it appeared for me also, I was not pleased. I've been avoiding Destiny 2 because I just have no desire to play it. The classes don't seem very interesting as there's virtually no customization (pick your class, pick grenade type, pick jump type, pick one of two skill trees and done), the weapon system seems broken, and then the inclusion of the paid currency "Silver" or microtransactions in a full priced game.

I just deleted the icon (options button on controller -> delete from the menu), but I didn't really look further into options. Is there a way to turn this off permanently (so that they're not loading my XMB promoting more stuff)?

I saw that it appeared for me also, I was not pleased. I've been avoiding Destiny 2 because I just have no desire to play it. The classes don't seem very interesting as there's virtually no customization (pick your class, pick grenade type, pick jump type, pick one of two skill trees and done), the weapon system seems broken, and then the inclusion of the paid currency "Silver" or microtransactions in a full priced game.

I just deleted the icon (options button on controller -> delete from the menu), but I didn't really look further into options. Is there a way to turn this off permanently (so that they're not loading my XMB promoting more stuff)?

opps, meant to post it. Here you go:

1) On your home screen, select “Settings”

2) Select “System”

3) Select “Automatic Downloads”

4) Uncheck “Featured Content”

Cool, thank you.

We get advertised to enough already (I think) so no need to have it forced onto our XMBs even more.

I'm kind of resurrecting the thread, but is anyone getting back to Destiny 2 next week? Warmind DLC is coming out! I'll probably stop Monster Hunter: World a bit and get back to D2.

I'm kind of resurrecting the thread, but is anyone getting back to Destiny 2 next week? Warmind DLC is coming out! I'll probably stop Monster Hunter: World a bit and get back to D2.

Bungie never really came out and said (to my knowledge) that they were improving their game networking which kept me unable to play the first Destiny. I would think I have the same issues with the second game, so I'm not going to bother with this series.

Plus I have no one to play it with and from what I understand this isn't a game for solo players.

Plus I have no one to play it with and from what I understand this isn't a game for solo players.
That might change cause Humble Bundle Monthly is giving it away for $12 (bundled with other games) in this month's bundle although I think it's a Steam key.

I have to say it's really not worth getting back to Destiny 2 for the Warmind DLC, so you guys are not missing out on anything.

I played the first 2 missions and did a public event. I was so bored with it, to the point of being annoyed. If I paid for it, I would be supremely disappointed. It just came with the season pass that came with the edition that I bought. Technically I paid for it, but at least it wasn't upfront money.

Bungie really needs to put their shiz together. Destiny 1 was a far better game.

I have to say it's really not worth getting back to Destiny 2 for the Warmind DLC, so you guys are not missing out on anything.

I played the first 2 missions and did a public event. I was so bored with it, to the point of being annoyed. If I paid for it, I would be supremely disappointed. It just came with the season pass that came with the edition that I bought. Technically I paid for it, but at least it wasn't upfront money.

Bungie really needs to put their shiz together. Destiny 1 was a far better game.

sad to hear that specially since Destiny 1 was a hot mess to start with.

Back