Oh wow, these custom Super Mario World ports are amazing!

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Yeah, we've always had average quality ports of songs to Super Mario World music format. But some of the latest ones I've heard are just... wow. For instance, this is Buoy Base from Super Mario Galaxy:

It's done purely through SNES era samples, yet sounds almost orchestrated in terms of quality. The same person also did a Gusty Gardens Galaxy port which sounds just as good:

But those aren't the only really cool ones people have made recently. Oh no, here's the Fire Temple song from Ocarina of Time:

firetemple.mp3

Notice anything? Yeah, it's got the Islamic chanting from the original version of the game, and somehow with a SNES sound chip.

And finally... this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67216205/onewingedangel.mp3

ggamer77 somehow managed to port a decent (not perfect, but decent) version of One Winged Angel to the SNES. You know, the Final Fantasy 7 song that everyone likes. The above version is admittedly a bit of a cop out (it's supposedly too big for an actual SNES game), but there is also a version over on SMW Central that is usable in a SNES era game, without a lot more in the way of quality loss.

Yeah... makes you pretty impressed about what the SNES is capable of, right? And the above really acts a nice counterpoint to anyone boasting the Genesis/Mega Drive can handle music better...

Yeah Nin, they were pretty good back in August too. '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

But seriously, these are pretty impressive. I'd like to hear them on an actual SNES.

I didn't mention the last two in August.

As for hearing them on a SNES... well, I might be using some of them in my own project, so if anyone have a SNES and a flash cart, there you go.

Back