Old, but this looks like a cool Donkey Kong Country fan game

Oh my goodness the controls in that Beta were AMAZING! I love it! It's brilliant!

EDIT: Also couldn't find anything. Darn your goodie hiding skills are good, heh.
I had a bit of trouble with the controls. I normally prefer Z for jump, X for run/spin, A or S for dismount. I kept getting this layout confused with the beta's.

Oh my goodness the controls in that Beta were AMAZING! I love it! It's brilliant!

EDIT: Also couldn't find anything. Darn your goodie hiding skills are good, heh.
I had a bit of trouble with the controls. I normally prefer Z for jump, X for run/spin, A or S for dismount. I kept getting this layout confused with the beta's.

Heh, I did find that weird too. I should've said the physics of the characters feel great, as in, jumping about and everything feels really similar to the original SNES games which is great as it will really help with the authenticity.

Love the screenshots. The game over menu seems fairly well made, and the whole 'fanboys can't be happy with just three games' quote from Cranky Kong was funny too.

Love the screenshots. The game over menu seems fairly well made, and the whole 'fanboys can't be happy with just three games' quote from Cranky Kong was funny too.

Thanks!

Well, while the demo is not ready yet, here's the soundtrack of it:
Cover.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?pwqbybqn0d0z5qzurl

Well, I will talk a little about how things are going with the demo.
Yesterday Necro Toad finally sent me the beta of demo to beta test's. I have to say that is something absurdly spectacular! He created a shader that does the environment look like a sunset to Jagged Jungle level (the first level in the area 1), with cloud shadows moving across the floor, etc..

Controls are fully customizable and the map system is worthy of the original DKC Snes. I was quite surprised to see the level of quality that the project is coming.

But, I made a big list of fixes that need to be done and he is working on it. There is no prevision for the release of the demo, but within a few days I'll post a video showing some levels for you guys can see how everything is going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I will talk a little about how things are going with the demo.
Yesterday Necro Toad finally sent me the beta of demo to beta test's. I have to say that is something absurdly spectacular! He created a shader that does the environment look like a sunset to Jagged Jungle level (the first level in the area 1), with cloud shadows moving across the floor, etc..

Controls are fully customizable and the map system is worthy of the original DKC Snes. I was quite surprised to see the level of quality that the project is coming.

But, I made a big list of fixes that need to be done and he is working on it. There is no prevision for the release of the demo, but within a few days I'll post a video showing some levels for you guys can see how everything is going.
That could be nice. Sounds this is coming along nicely.

Thanks Kirb_Z!

To get you guys not only in expectation, made ​​this video for you guys can look at this as getting the demo.
Even in the video you can see some bugs being fixed, now go forward that also hurled kong partner will pick up items, it is not yet added ok?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBoSAlCqOow[/youtube]

Oh wow, that's really neat. If there's anything the Donkey Kong series needs, it's more than two kongs to choose from in the game (though I'm not sure how it'd work, still would be neat).

Not sure if it's a hack, but either way, the levels are all different in terms of layout which is nice. This is rather neat in the end, very cool find.
oh man Slender Dan i think someone combined the 3 original game's in 1 video, i have played/owned all 3, and none of them you choose, the first is Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, second is Diddy then Dixie, third is Dixie and Kiddy. but that really would be awesome

This video explains the relationship between heavy and light kongs, what are the implications. So nobody will get confused when playing with Diddy and try to throw the Kiddy to go to him destination, for example.

We are deciding on a new skill for Diddy since all kongs he is the only one who has not have special ability, but it is the fastest of the kongs.
The Kiddy bounces on water, Dixie float and Donkey Kong hits the ground with hands. If we decide to add this ability to Diddy, we soon show.

Probably the texts in English are mistakes, I hope you understand.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GFTwnRSt70[/youtube]

I'll paste the blog post here:

"After a long time without any information, I came here to announce the official date of the Demo Release. It's going to be in 15/december/2012. Now you can enjoy your holyday playing DKC4!
As we failed in the recent dates, and kept you waiting, we decided to give a gift to you.
tcham, tcham, tcham, tcham...
Well, the gift is a preview of the Demo! We are providing for you, right now, the first level of the game! (Download link on the bottom of this post)
So those who can't wait for play can enjoy the first level right now. Who wants to wait for the ful demo, can check it in th full demo release, on 12/15/2012.

For now, the joystick option isn't working, but you can use GlovePie to make the buttons of your joystick emule the keyboard keys.

Thank you all, and please, post you feedbacks in the comments of this post. by the way, the game is not very optimized yet, we are going to fix it in the full demo release. For now, I suggest you play on a good computer.

See ya!"

DOWNLOAD
Bugs unbelievable gone unnoticed! We are updating and will post again soon, sorry!

There are still many bugs... but hey, at least you guys will be able to experience. You guys can also use JoyToKey or X-Padder to play with a joystick.

I'll definitely be checking this out right away! Wheeeee! Very excited for some more DKC4!

Guys, I'm going here soon to post an updated version with "more coarse" bugs fixed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?196o9s34c1wp3l7

I'm downloading it now and will play it soon, and then post here again (or edit this post) with my experiences to help you out.

EDIT: Okay, just played it! Firstly, WOW. That was pretty darn fun to play and I enjoyed every second of it. It feels just like one of the games in terms of menus, sounds and... just everything. So great work!

When I first started the level Jagged Jungle, everything seemed to move a little bit slowly, but after I reached the Bonus Level, everything went to normal speed. Not sure why, probably something on my end, but hey, it happened.

The controls all worked pretty well for me. If anything, the movement for Rambi and the throwing of Kongs is a little different compared to the original games, but everything worked and I adjusted to the minor differences easily.

Overall, there wasn't anything in there that messed up the gameplay experience as far as I can tell, so for a demo, this is really coming along quite nicely and I am very happy with the demo that I played! You should be proud of this, it's come so far and is looking very good!

Back