Old games you still enjoy playing

Honia

Awards
Credits
One game I will never ever forget is the first game I have played on a PC. It was called Volfied and at that time seemd to be the greatest game in the world. I have tried to find it online only to discover that my current PC has a too performant configuration to support the game. That was a first for me, to have it the other way around :))

Another game that will not go out of style is Mario. I still play once in a while and soon I'm going to teach my son how to play it too.

What games are close to your heart? Which games could you replay over and over again withouth getting bored?

I still play DOTA (based on Warcraft 3) sometimes online. There are still hundreds thousands of people playing it. There are just too many mods for it, and you can never get bored of it. The game is over 10 years old now.

Starcraft is another game I would play on battlenet sometimes, but since the release of Starcraft 2, it's getting very hard to find a game to join.

At LAN party, we sometimes play Counter-Strike 1.6. Well it is after all over 10 years old, even though it was amazingly cool graphics back in 2000. :)
We also play Alien vs Predator 2, the graphics look really old.

I have red alert 95, if wasn't because I can't even install it on WinXP, I would still be playing it sometimes.

The problem with lots of old games is, either they can't run on newer OS, or there is no longer people playing them. I like multi-play, so without the ability to find other people playing the game, then I can't play it either.

The old games I love playing on computer is " Monopoly". Even though monopoly started back in the 90's it is still one of the top advance games out there. Have you actually look at how many different types of monopoly games there are out there? Take you time and actually think... How many can you come up with? Monopoly is a great game and my kids love to play it as well. It's also a good game to teach your kids how to count money. It's a fun and great way for kids to really take there time in learning something new and at the same time enjoying to learn at the same time.

The old games I love playing on computer is " Monopoly". Even though monopoly started back in the 90's it is still one of the top advance games out there. Have you actually look at how many different types of monopoly games there are out there? Take you time and actually think... How many can you come up with? Monopoly is a great game and my kids love to play it as well. It's also a good game to teach your kids how to count money. It's a fun and great way for kids to really take there time in learning something new and at the same time enjoying to learn at the same time.

Back in the late 1990s, I also played another version of similar games called Rich Man. It is similar to Monopoly. Basically you throw electronic dice and move around in a city to buy up land, and do investments, etc. there is also stock market. It is a lot more fun than the old board game. You don't even need to count the money, the computer counts it for you. The version of Rich Man I played could allow up to six players to play together.

Which version of Monopoly are you still playing? Can it be installed on Windows 7?

I remember the good old games that I played when I was just a kid, games like NFS Underground, San Andreas, Star Defender, Sims 1, Postal, Serious Sam and a lot of other great games.
I didn`t cared about the graphics or anything that time, the games were just great because of their soundtracks and amazing gameplay.

The main old game I used to play non-stop was Starcraft:Broodwar. Unfortunately, ever since the release of Starcraft 2, a lot of people don't even bother playing the original Starcraft anymore which is quite sad to me. I personally think the balance and overall game play as far as microing and macroing is concerned was way better in the original than the Wings of Liberty. I would still probably play this game to this day if there we a good handful of clans and players.

One of the really old games I'm still so into playing is Suikoden II for the PS1. I don't even know why, I just keep on replaying it like an idiot. I really like it because it really let you do a lot of things - i.e. it had so many features.

The best 'Old Game' according to me was Virtua Cop2. Though I haven't played it for a long time now but still it was the bestest game in my memory in that period :grin:
Sometime I even play Need For Speed 2 - SE with my cousin brother and we race on the split screen race :)

And who could even possibly forget RoadRash!! One of the most fun and wonderful game that time. We friends used to find places to play that game :grin:

Okay...I'm a little leery about posting here because I am obviously way more retro and frankly 'old' in comaprison to everyone here, but
I got my girls a replacement Wii and my little brother slid through and downloaded a ton of older games for them and I've been playing
them more and more. Like Mario 3, Sonic, Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug....yeah I'm old guys. On the PC, Duke Nukem, Doom and Quake
have always been my favorite standby's, even though when compared to the games of today, with the insane graphics and whatnot, they
look....sad, specially Doom 1 and Duke Nukem, but I gotta sort of 'old school' flair and love my old games.

There's a lot of them for me.

I actually am a huge retro fan and love to play the oldies lol.

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 to 3&Knuckles
Super Mario Bros 1 to 3
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania symphony of the night

This is just to name a few.

The original Fallout and Deus Ex games for the PC, but I also enjoy many retro console classics. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is still one of my favorite games of all time. Granted, it didn't come out in US till like five or six years ago, but it was released in the early 90's in Japan, so I guess it counts, right?

Contra By Konami. I still can do the cheat to have 100 lives even if its been almost 10 years now since i last played it. haha. You get to reminisce the old times where you would play this for hours until you finish it. Good times. :grin:

I still play Killer Instinct Gold for the N64. That's one of my favorite game aside from Street Fighter. Jago was my favorite character, I remember everyone in the arcades would choose him as well. I can spend hours learning new combos, it just never seems to get old.

I'm always playing morrowind when I get the chance, damn that game was awesome. To me it was the best of the elder scrolls series due the the atmosphere and lack of mercy throughout the game, due to the game not having levelling, if you weren't careful, you'd be dead within 5 minutes of starting the game.

Pretty much all of the Super Mario Bro games(except the pokemon nintendo 64) ,
all of the MK, Killer Instinct 1 & 2, and all of the Tekkens.

Back