Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Earlier this week in Poland, a 30 year-old computer company employee arrived at work wanting to do two things: talk about Diablo III and his plan to kill people.

His talk and behavior freaked his co-workers out. Frightened, one of the man's colleagues escaped through the window. At the same time, another individual contacted the police after noticing a post on a social networking site from a Diablo III fan claiming he was going to kill people.

Police were able to link to what was happening at the computer company to the online post. Once officers arrived on the scene, the 30 year-old asked them if they were going to join him in killing people.

The police subdued the man and disarmed him (the man was carrying three large knives). He is currently under observation in a psychiatric hospital, where doctors suspect his actions are the result of a personality disorder.

The original news appeared in the Gazeta Wyborcza, one of Poland's leading papers.

source

this got me laughing, one guy jumped out the window, the killer wondered if the police would help him. What a way to end a week :grin:

I like to imagine the EMTs that showed up just kind of shaking their heads.
"How exactly was jumping out the window suppose to help anything?"
"I didn't want him to hurt me!"
"So you hurt yourself?"
"I was afraid!"
"But not of heights or dying from hitting the nice hard ground?"
"-_- He had knifes?"
"He asked the police if they were there to help him."
"-__-;"

The long wait must have gotten through to him and Diablo possessed him himself. Laughed but at the same time got bothered by the way he openly tells people of what he's going to do. lol

This may be a little bit exaggerated by the writer of this article, but it seems that games can really harm people. Freaks like this one should not be able to play violent video games oO

Hmm...escaping through the window. Maybe the Window had a Fire Exit staircase or something? I doubt someone would have just jumped off the window (as Esperahol suggested).

I'm glad the incident didn't end with anyone losing their lives, though.

I know exactly how he feels. The servers are always down and have such bad lag. Who wouldn't want to kill people after experiencing that?!

I know exactly how he feels. The servers are always down and have such bad lag. Who wouldn't want to kill people after experiencing that?!

Of course you want to kill someone, but that someone is whoever made Diablo a server depend game rather then allow offline play. Killing the guy who thought that was a good idea and/or wanting to kill the idiots who can't keep the servers up is perfectly normal. Kiling your coworkers for anything besides being excessively perky or taking the parking space that belonged to you or eating the last free piece of cake/donut/pie is not normal and should not be encouraged... except sometimes.

Back