Our review of the Amazon Fire TV and Game Controller

PlayerAuctions

Full GL Member
Credits
Hey guys, we have a new review article for an awesome gadget bundle!

Amazon-Game-Controller.jpg

The Amazon Fire TV, coupled with the Game Controller, is an amazing piece of hardware that lets you stream movies and shows to your TV without the need for any additional hardware. This is perfect for lightweight to middleweight entertainment setups --- and depending on your personal preference, it can also complement heavyweight setups by acting as a dedicated video player to offset the need to connect a PC to a large TV screen. It outputs videos in 1080p and even has support for 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound.

As a bonus feature, the Amazon Fire TV is also a game console --- it can play a variety of games. While it's not meant to compete against its larger brothers, the PS4 and the Xbox One, the Fire TV offers a full gaming experience specially if you have the Game Controller built specifically by Amazon for it.

Read our full review here:
Fire TV + Amazon Game Controller | Geek Stuff | PlayerAuctions

It's a fantastic piece of hardware, and with the dawn of streaming apps and services, the Amazon Fire TV makes sure you can take advantage of them in the easiest and best possible way.

And if you're keen to take a chance in winning the Amazon Fire TV + Game Controller, join our giveaway here. Joining is free, there is no purchase required, and all registrations are optional!
Fire TV + Amazon Game Controller | Giveaway | PlayerAuctions

-The PlayerAuctions Team

I'm surprised the Fire TV now supports 7.1 Dolby digital surround sound. The controller looks okay.

I'm surprised the Fire TV now supports 7.1 Dolby digital surround sound. The controller looks okay.
One thing to note is that the 7.1 Dolby Digital comes out of its HDMI cable/port, not with an optical one. So if your setup uses optical, then I'm afraid you won't be able to use the surround sound out of it.

One thing to note is that the 7.1 Dolby Digital comes out of its HDMI cable/port, not with an optical one. So if your setup uses optical, then I'm afraid you won't be able to use the surround sound out of it.

That is unfortunate. Hopefully, Amazon or another company comes out with an HDMI adapter or converter which lets you use an optical cable on the Fire TV by converting HDMI audio to optical.

Huh, I didn't think it was that decent of a device.

I think the Fire TV is okay for older games like older games like Grand Theft Auto 3, Crazy Taxi, emulators, and Android games. It is good for watching video and listening to music.

But, the Fire TV is not as good as an PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and older consoles like the PS3 and PS2 with mor quality games.

The Fire TV can be a nice console for gamers who mostly play games on a mobile device, Wii, Ouya, or dont own any gaming devices.

Huh, I didn't think it was that decent of a device.
Unfortunately, yeah it really isn't :p I think it's geared for very casual gamers and people who are on a budget but want something for their entertainment room. If you guys are familiar with WD TV or Popcorn, semi-old generation media players that came out around circa 2010, it's like that, but with the added functionality of playing simpler games.

That is unfortunate. Hopefully, Amazon or another company comes out with an HDMI adapter or converter which lets you use an optical cable on the Fire TV by converting HDMI audio to optical.

I think the Fire TV is okay for older games like older games like Grand Theft Auto 3, Crazy Taxi, emulators, and Android games. It is good for watching video and listening to music.

But, the Fire TV is not as good as an PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and older consoles like the PS3 and PS2 with mor quality games.

The Fire TV can be a nice console for gamers who mostly play games on a mobile device, Wii, Ouya, or dont own any gaming devices.
This is true as well. It can be most likened to an Ouya or any android device for a TV. It can even be a Vita TV, only in this comparison, a Vita TV is more powerful because it has internet capabilities and the games are much better. I'd like to think the Fire TV is for younger kids, like for home setups where you play on a PS4 and you get a cheaper, smaller TV for the Fire TV so your kids can play.

-----

Thanks for your thoughts!

This is true as well. It can be most likened to an Ouya or any android device for a TV. It can even be a Vita TV, only in this comparison, a Vita TV is more powerful because it has internet capabilities and the games are much better. I'd like to think the Fire TV is for younger kids, like for home setups where you play on a PS4 and you get a cheaper, smaller TV for the Fire TV so your kids can play.

-----

Thanks for your thoughts!

I agree the Fire TV would be good for younger kids. I think the Amazon Fire TV maybe good for PC game streaming with the Steam Android App which will support streaming Steam PC games from a Gaming PC to an Android device like the Fire TV which uses a modified Android OS.

Back