froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Ouya is shipping to backers! Hooray! We played around a bit with units at the GDC 2013 launch party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4LPL_c8vWQ

The Ouya launch party looks fun. I like the size of the Ouya, some of the games for Ouya looks pretty good as well, and the design of the final console. For $99, the Ouya seems like a pretty good deal since it also comes with a HDMI cable, and wireless controller.

I think I'm gonna end up buying one. Not sure how often I'll use it, but I like it.

Same for me, I plan on buying one as well or I buy a used/refurbished Ouya on eBay for $50-75 dollars when used Ouyas become available on eBay.

I plan to use one to play emulated games, free to play Ouya games, cheap games, and Android games which I load onto the Ouya with the USB port, and a USB drive.

Using it as a cheap settop box like the Apple TV, and Roku 3 is something that interest me as well since the Ouya cost $99 which is the same price as the Apple TV, and Roku 3, but the Ouya also has games, emulators, and can use Android apps which are loaded onto it via USB Drive.

It's a shame that I can't connect my iPad to it, because I definitely don't want to buy an Apple TV to view my iPad on my TV. >_>

There is an App called Splashtop Gamepad which let you stream programs and games from a Windows PC and Mac to a Tablet or Smartphone screen with Wi-Fi. It also supports Gamepads, and keyboard and mouse if your tablet or phone has a keyboard and mouse plug into it. I wounder would the Android version of Splashtop would work with Ouya's controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBnmYeyAMf4

June 4th 2013 is the release date for Canada, US, and other countries.

games look nice, can't wait to see what happens when someone serious get this.

I know that people who pre-order the Ouya on Kickstarter already got their Ouya, or it is currently being sent to their homes, so in the next few days or weeks there could be more YouTube unboxing videos, and gameplay video for the Ouya.

Back