LEGEND67

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Blizzard’s colorful hero shooter Overwatch is getting more portable very soon. Today, during its Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo revealed that the team-shooter would be launching on the Switch on October 15th. Both Eurogamer and kotaku reported the news earlier in the day. The port also sounds like a pretty good deal: it’ll come bundled with 15 character skins and a three-month Nintendo Switch Online individual membership, which is required to play online. This won’t be Blizzard’s debut on the platform, as Diablo 3 previously made its way to Nintendo’s tablet. Meanwhile, the Switch is slowly turning into an excellent place for multiplayer shooters, if you can deal with the controls. In addition to Overwatch, the handheld is also home to excellent titles like Splatoon 2 and Fortnite.

I've wanted to try Overwatch for a while now and it being on Switch seems like a good time to try. I'm not too into FPSs though so I'm not sure if I'll like it.

It is nice that the Nintendo Switch is getting more shooter games like Overwatch.

I wonder how PC gamers who are used to using keyboard/mouse would go about playing those games on a Switch.

I think playing FPS games like Overwatch can feel less accurate/responsive on a controller than with a good gaming keyboard and mouse which are designed for FPS and other games.

Back