Ow... Right in the Childhood

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
So this morning I was sleeping and I was awoken by my friends phone. Our other friend called and she talks to him forever so I decided to play Super Mario 64. I was going to start a new file for the fun of it just because I watched a lot of Let's Play's of it and I wanted to play it. I turn it on and... and... and all the files were erased. Even my 120 star file. T_T My childhood was in that game. I had the game since I was 5 and it took me 13 to get every single star. Now it's gone, it's all gone. I'll replay it, but it won't be the same as it was.

I feel like part of my childhood died.
sad.gif

I don't know why. I was so sad though. I thought I was going to cry. Though I guess I could make more memories. Though I'm going to try to beat the game as fast as I can, but I can't play much today since it's Mother's Day.

Just hope your game doesn't erase itself all the time like my Donkey Kong Country 2.. I can't even bring back my childhood. I don't have any tools to fix up the cartridge's memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
its ok.
I'm so sorry about your game. Just think of all the new memories you'll make with new games.

I've had this happen before. Once even because a Game Boy game (an old version of Pokemon Red) lost its save data about twenty different times to random.. stuff.

But it's heart breaking when a classic game you liked as a kid loses all save data.

A friend of mine was messing around on my Pokemon Red with a GameShark (should've thought this one through...) and ended up turning all legitimately owned 151 pokemon into Bulbasaurs, unknowingly.

My pokemon red now has 151 Bulbasaurs, and there isn't much I can do about it
sad.gif

People may laugh when I tell that story every now and then, but secretly I wish I could change them all back.

I'm assuming you don't have a Wii with the ability to download the game on the VC? Inb4retardedcommentabouthowthewiiisawasteoftimebecausenogaemz

I've had this happen before. Once even because a Game Boy game (an old version of Pokemon Red) lost its save data about twenty different times to random.. stuff.

But it's heart breaking when a classic game you liked as a kid loses all save data.
My Pokemon Gold does that. Like it just gets rid off all the data for no reason. Luckily Red hasn't done that yet.

I'm assuming you don't have a Wii with the ability to download the game on the VC? Inb4retardedcommentabouthowthewiiisawasteoftimebecausenogaemz
I do, but since I have the game on N64, I don't need to get it on the Wii.

Yeah, but... no erased files... but then, 2006 isn't the same as 1996.

Also.... what is your opinion on these games?:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
New Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Mario Tennis Open
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
etc.......

New Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Tennis Open
Ridge Racer 3D
etc.......
I don't see the point of this now, but...

Kid Icarus: Uprising- Doesn't look interesting to me. Plus the NES one made me not like KI that much.
New Super Mario Bros 2- Didn't know they were making it. Is that the one with the Mii's as playable characters?
Mario Kart 7- Look chill. I don't like the thought of actually going under water, or the air gliders.
Super Mario 3D Land- I played a few minutes at GameStop and it was the most akward thing ever.
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed- It looks ok I guess. Is that like a sequel to Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing?
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D- Not a big Metal Gear fan. I played the NES one and it wasn't that great.
Mario Tennis Open- I don't like Tennis games. Then again the Mario Tennis for GBA was pretty cool I guess.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D- I just don't like the character design, but other than that it's OoT so whatever.
Ridge Racer 3D- Never heard of it.

New Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Tennis Open
Ridge Racer 3D
etc.......
I don't see the point of this now, but...

Kid Icarus: Uprising- Doesn't look interesting to me. Plus the NES one made me not like KI that much.
New Super Mario Bros 2- Didn't know they were making it. Is that the one with the Mii's as playable characters?
Mario Kart 7- Look chill. I don't like the thought of actually going under water, or the air gliders.
Super Mario 3D Land- I played a few minutes at GameStop and it was the most akward thing ever.
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed- It looks ok I guess. Is that like a sequel to Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing?
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D- Not a big Metal Gear fan. I played the NES one and it wasn't that great.
Mario Tennis Open- I don't like Tennis games. Then again the Mario Tennis for GBA was pretty cool I guess.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D- I just don't like the character design, but other than that it's OoT so whatever.
Ridge Racer 3D- Never heard of it.

New Super Mario Bros 2 is NOT the one with the Miis. It's a 3DS game. The one with Miis is a Wii U game.
Transformed IS a sequel to the original All Stars Racing
Ridge Racer 3D came out with the system itself.

Obviously you've realised the reason for the post.... I'm just trying to get it into your head, that the 3DS is a new system, and is not just a "DSi with 3D", because you say "I have a DSi, why do I need a 3DS" or whatever, and I say "Because you can't play 3DS games on a DSi", and you're basically saying that there isn't a single 3DS game that you even remotely feel interested in? You want to play on old DS games from years ago?

I still don't see the point of the post though. It had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Still though as long as I have a working DSi, I don't need a 3DS. I don't see why you don't get that. I'm broke and can't even afford one as it is. So if my DSi broke I would be DSless for like a year.

Every time I take Paper Mario out of my nintendo 64, a file gets erased. It spared my main file for a long time, until finally it got erased
sad.gif

It... It came back. Besides file A it all came back. Plus my 120 star file. I'm kind of scared to play the game in fear that something might happen to it again.

This has happened to me way too many times, but it's been because of my little brother
sleep.gif

He's erased files from Super Mario 64, Banjo Tooie, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong 64, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart DS, Final Fantasy III and Rhythm Heaven. Not to mention he broke my original DS, and two of my Nintendo DS Lites.

...Writing this post out has made me feel a little dizzy all of a sudden ;3;

Back