Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Looks good, but doesn't look paper mario....

It actually looks pretty good, even if I'm not the biggest fan of paper Mario and I would prefer 3D characters, it's still extremely eye-catching for me.
I also really enjoyed the Japanese set, though, it looks really cute. I will look forward to this one :).

Thanks for sharing!

I refuse to buy this game unless it has more original characters. Period. That was the best thing about the first three Paper Mario titles, and I am going to avoid supporting titles like this where originality is chucked to the wayside in favour of un RPG like gimmicks.

I refuse to buy this game unless it has more original characters. Period. That was the best thing about the first three Paper Mario titles, and I am going to avoid supporting titles like this where originality is chucked to the wayside in favour of un RPG like gimmicks.

agreed. I might get it very cheap via a ebay sale but otherwise I think I will get the first game instead.

I think it looks pretty, but I am not sold yet. I haven't played a Paper Mario game after the first two. I need to see more of the battle system before I pick this up. I am a big fan of the turn based combat, which they have strayed from since The Thousand Year Door. Hopefully it will be good though! I would love to play a new Paper Mario game and relive some of my childhood.

Sure. Makes sense.
Though, they used 'new characters' as a selling point in the promo, so that sounds promising, right?

2hfmdrd.png

I don't know. Just something seems doubtful about putting that as literally the first thing in the ad if you're not going to follow through on it.

The problem with the Paper Mario series is that it pales when compared against the more robust RPGs that are available on the Xbox and PS4 systems, not to mentioned the RPGs available on PCs and mobile tablets/phones. My two favorites were Paper Mario and Paper Mario: the Thousand-Year Door. The '2D/3D' gaming in Super Paper Mario was a nice game-play element but the story was decent but not exceptional. 'Sticker-Star' was pretty quickly forgotten as it's gameplay was disappointing and the storyline was even weaker than what was found in Super Paper Mario. I am looking at the new Color Splash game with a jaundiced eye since the early reviews say that the gameplay will be very similar to what is found in Sticker Star.

Back