Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door Challenge

Princess Peach

Princess
Awards
Credits
Hello everyone, I'm doing what apparently is the hardest challenge in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. Here is how it goes.

+--------------------+
|5.Hardcore run|
+--------------------+
Get through game having 1HP in all boss battles /except first Lord Crump battle/ on both Mario and Partner. If you're healed in battle/before battle, get Trial Stews.

Banned badges: HP Plus Happy Heart any other healing ones.
Banned items: In boss battle all healing ones.
Difficulty: 10/10

This is from Game Faqs, sounds pretty hard but I wanna do it. They only banned HP Plus badge but I think they meant to ban all healing badges too so I just added the other things in there lol. So if you guys care about this or would like to know how I'm doing we can chat in here.

Currently at Hook Tail's Castle about to fight the Red Bones boss.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it that you only have 1 hp if you start out with like 10?

That sounds pretty intense... I couldn't accomplish that

Perhaps recording your gameplay with a camera (or a crappy one like the 3DS's) so we know you're showing some evidence?
This does look interesting though, I might give this a shot. *Gets 3DS ready whenever*

Doesn't Danger Mario make this really easy? Because you can kill bosses and the like in one or two turns?

Doesn't Danger Mario make this really easy? Because you can kill bosses and the like in one or two turns?
Did you mean Peril? That's when you get the big attack increase from the Mega Rush badge. I only have the partner version on it right now. And let's just say Goombella with multibonk with that badge has been doing wonders for me.

**UPDATE**

I'm not sure how this happened, maybe because of distractions. But I have spent 3 hours on glitzville so far. I'm currently rank 3. Getting my hp set up to 1 for the fight where Bowser fights you after a regular battle took a lot of time.

**UPDATE Rawk Hawk Defeated! **

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I just used clock out with Mario and immobilized him for 3 turns. Goombella's attack as up by 5 cause peril and I charged with her 3 times giving her +6 more attack and then I used the power up item making her big and giving her +2 more attack. Then I used multibonk with her. It did 15 dmg then 14 then 13 then 12 then 11 then 10. Total 75 damage in 1 turn to Rawk Hawk, he only has 40 HP btw.[/font]

**UPDATE Macho Grubba Defeated!
I did the same thing I did to Rawk Hawk lol. I didn't think Grubba would be able to get effected with Clock out to be honest.​

Geez this sounds stressful but interesting. I'd probably give up in the Puni Village portion haha.

sounds like a hard challenge. i'd try it if my wii was the okder white wiis, because gamecube games cant be played with no sockets..

try to do no yoshi runs on enemies that are easy for yoshis to kill

sounds like a hard challenge. i'd try it if my wii was the okder white wiis, because gamecube games cant be played with no sockets..

try to do no yoshi runs on enemies that are easy for yoshis to kill

That's very easy to do. Just use piercing blow hammer badge.

**UPDATE ????? Defeated**

Yes of course I mean "Doopliss" but that wasn't his name for this battle. Pretty simple, he only got to attack twice and missed both attacks due to multiple close call badges. He has 40 HP and an extra 10 if you kill him before he transforms into Mario which is what I did. Goombella has a base attack of 10 due to being in peril right now, and Mario's is 6. Basically attacked with Mario, tattled with Goombella then he missed. Spin jumped with Mario, then Multibonked with Goombella. He reached 0 then transformed and got 10 HP back. He missed his attack and then we just finished him off.​

Back