Other Payday 3 confirmed

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Swedish publisher Starbreeze today announced that it has fully acquired the rights to crime game franchise Payday, paying around $30 million for it. Additionally, Payday 3 has been confirmed as part of the announcement.

When the deal goes through, Starbreeze will get the "full rights to the Payday franchise" for all future "developments and commercialization." This includes Payday 2 and Payday's mobile versions.
source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/payday-3-confirmed-as-starbreeze-buys-franchise-ri/1100-6440324/

I wonder when it will launch, hopefully the new game is a bit more fun to play alone.

Never played the series, though I think I would enjoy it.

I remember playing Payday: The Heist back on PS3. Was a lot of fun robbing banks with friends! Looking forward to playing Payday 3. Hopefully Starbreeze is able to develop the game well!

I am definitely also looking forward to it. Payday 2 was a lot of fun for me and my friends. Hopefully they actually won't make the game yet another "DLC-dumpster", as my friends like to call it.
If it is any good, I might consider to buy it after release which is something I normally don't do.

This is a series with such great potential I just hope they add more to the single player campaign as far as I know the best way to play the other versions is online. I love the heists you can do that and are superior to GTA V in the way that they feel and act. I am looking forward to this one and hopefully they take the next step.

Can't say that I'll want to support this game given their ridiculous DLC practices. At high levels it also becomes a grindfest anyway.

I am really hyped up for this.I didn't play the first two games,but I really want to play payday 2 with my friends because it looks like an awensome game.I also like the sneaky style so I can't wait for it to be available

Great news! I bought more than half of the DLCs and got a little bit tired of all these microtransactions... But most of them were actually nice. And they're on the sale now, I guess it's time to give them more money. :grin: Spent 300 hours playing Payday 2 solo stealth, I love this series. I'm looking forward to it. I hope they will finally fix guard's sight cone. :p

This isn't an announcement that particularly excited me to be honest and even though I've played the other games in the series before and quite enjoyed them, it's not a sequel that I'll be rushing out to buy I don't think.

For me, this is more one of those games that I'll wait till the price drops rather than paying full price or pre-offering it, that's for sure anyway.

Back