Paying tech people

NameGervin

Full GL Member
Credits
When I was a kid I don't really have no idea about those technical computer skills all I care is game. By that time I was so little and I am not much familiar with the internet. When there is a problem I always head to a shady tech boutique and get them fix it. Like for installing things they charge like $20 for 20 minute work :p. Now that everything is almost on the internet, I remember how silly that moment is. :p

Have you guys experienced this too? XD

My hubby has a degree in electronics so I never have to worry about having to call an IT person or taking my computer to a shop to get worked on. I already have those things at home. :grin:

I may pay a tech repair worker to replace a screen, circuit board, and other small part like the power button on a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or all-in-one PC depending on how much money it cost.

I think paying someone to repair a $500 gaming video card can be worth it if the video card is still very fast.

I think data recovery can be worth it depending on how valuable the data is worth to you, or you plan on using the data like a self-made video game to make money by selling it on Steam and PSN. Sometimes, PC users are very unlucky, and all the users data is lost because of water and fire damage, and the user did not backup the data to a web server or another location like your computer located at work, or the backups somehow got corrupted by the web server or work computer.

I work for staples and I won't lie, we grossly overcharge people for tech work. $130 to reinstall the OS, which is a five minute job of just popping in the CD and watching paint dry. That doesn't cover data backup or any other work. Granted we do some good stuff but most of the time we rip off works.

I'm glad I know my tech stuff.

I work for staples and I won't lie, we grossly overcharge people for tech work. $130 to reinstall the OS, which is a five minute job of just popping in the CD and watching paint dry. That doesn't cover data backup or any other work. Granted we do some good stuff but most of the time we rip off works.

So if yer running your own IT tech shop, how much you're going to charge yer customer for it?

Well, I used to pay stuff and I didn't know much about computer at all until I got my own laptop.

I didn't know how to turn it on either...at that time.

I used to pay for every little thing...and support people used to format my laptop all the time.

:sigh:

So if yer running your own IT tech shop, how much you're going to charge yer customer for it?

depends on somethings. Since you can really get the W10 iso for free I would charge like $10 or $20. I know the real money is charging to take stuff apart. Laptops are a bitch and slim down towers are no better.

That is expensive. I think more tech stores are trying to earn more money from electronics and computer repairs because selling computers and other stuff is less profitable because more people are buying stuff for a cheaper price online at Amazon, eBay, Newegg, etc, or buy cheaper electronics and computers from discount stores like Walmart.

I can understand Stores needing to earn enough money to pay for all their expensive bills and workers, and if they don't earn enough money they can go bankrupt like Radioshack, Circuit City, and Toys R US.

Well those are good business, but now I think people are much more techy and aware of how to use google. If only I had built a business around those old years when not much tutorial on google I will charge big too. :p

Well those are good business, but now I think people are much more techy and aware of how to use google. If only I had built a business around those old years when not much tutorial on google I will charge big too. :p

There are also a lot of affordable physical books and eBooks on computer and electronics repair which people can buy on Amazon and eBay.

Some libraries also have computer and electronics repair books which people with a library card can borrow.

I think many costumers may still want to hire someone with a college diploma in computer repair or taken a certification exam on computer repair, so they reduce the risk of hiring someone who don't know what they are doing.

Back