PC Gaming or Console Gaming? Let the war begin!

PC Gaming or Console Gaming?

• PC

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Console

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
Can't people hack a PS3 or 360 also? And MW3 isn't most PC games. A lot of PC exclusives in fact have player based unconnected gamemaking opposed to making an easily hacked leveling system.

I'm sure if I was a graphics junky, I'd play PC games, but my consoles perform well enough to please me. I didn't buy the Wii U for the HD graphics, I bought it for the fun, 5 player asymmetric gameplay that isn't available (or at least not commonly) on a PC. Also, I enjoy playing games in the same room as my friends (real life friends that I know, not people online who I've never seen in person). I have never seen a really good split-screen PC game... not sayin' they don't exist. I think my love for truly social gaming is the reason why I've remained a Nintendo fan throughout all of these years where more powerful machines are available. Other companies have taken out social gaming quietly, like an NPC in a Metal Gear Solid stealth op.

Even though I am a PC gamer I still own a 360. If you ask why, not all of my friends have the ability to own great computers that will allow them to meet certain system specs.; therefore, I used to buy some games (such as COD, Halo, etc) for the 360 so I can play my favorite titles with my friends.

Honestly...PC games are just crap...ask me about the nerds making challenge lobby's on my MW3

So you're generalizing all PC games based on a muliplayer mode from one game? That's very idiotic. The same thing can be said for console games. Some of the console games have really crappy multiplayer as well. And I do not understand "...nerds making challenge lobby's on my MW3...". Do explain. However, even if you explain that part of the sentence, your reasoning for why PC games are crap is still idiotic.

Yes...yes i will explain,MW3 is modern warfare 3,and that is a shooter game that tons of people play,okay...okay challenge lobbys,when you play online you level up,and challenge lobby's are hacked lobby's that when you get 1 kill....you will level up all the

way to level 80 and gain tons of stuff that you should be earning,honestly, the people who make challenge lobbys are nerds that use computers to hack. Get it now?

Uhm excuse me. I know what MW3 is, I played COD. I know it is a FPS game (that's the techincal term, not a shooter game - _-). I know what challenge lobbys are (kind of self explainatory, don't you think?). Not everyone hacks the challenge lobby, my boyfriend and I don't. Furthermore, you do not have to be a "nerd" to hack video games. They're not that difficult, all you have to do is download or buy a pre-made program, launch it, and you're done. I'm not endorsing the actions of the hackers; however, it is certainly obsured that you generalize every PC game as crap simply because of one video game that you play/ed has a lot of hackers. Therefore, your reasoning is still idiotic. Now, if you come up with a good reason why you say that PC games are crap, I'll stop bashing you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now now peeps, although the topic is controversial, it is intended to see different views from either side of the spectrum. No need to be callin' people morons.

Now now peeps, although the topic is controversial, it is intended to see different views from either side of the spectrum. No need to be callin' people morons.

You're right. I edited the last part out, haha.

Wait, what last part??? honestly,let me just state, I HATE CHALLENGE LOBBY'S.and i hate hackers,i cant play one MK7 online game without someone having 99999999999 VR and the same person rapidly bomb-ombing me

Honestly...PC games are just crap...ask me about the nerds making challenge lobby's on my MW3

So... MW3 = all PC games ever made?

Okay then.

@Dan If you made this topic thinking that fight wont arouse from it, you're probably not as smart as I thought you were.

This is going the same direction my PSVita vs. 3DS thread went to.

@TheTC Copying my posts, I see.

@shyguy You're obviously not getting our point, you basically said:

"All Nintendo games suck because I don't like Mario,"

"All shooters suck because I don't like Doom,"

"Nintendo sucks because I didn't like the Gamecube"

You're taking 1 thing, and generalizing it in a bad way.

MW3 is 1 fail, bad game, and you can't state that all PC games suck because you hate 1 game.

Wait, what last part??? honestly,let me just state, I HATE CHALLENGE LOBBY'S.and i hate hackers,i cant play one MK7 online game without someone having 99999999999 VR and the same person rapidly bomb-ombing me

MK7 isn't hackable, if there's problems then it's a connection issue. It is possible to have 9000+ VR (the game is by no means difficult, even online).

Anyway, let the arguments commence. I just had to drop my input in for this part. :grin: Have fun, kids.

@Dan If you made this topic thinking that fight wont arouse from it, you're probably not as smart as I thought you were.

Bear in mind your PSVita vs 3DS thread's original post was edited a million times and you said in the first post something alone the lines of the Vita absolutely sucking, whereas I wasn't so critical. I expected some debate obviously, but why can't a simple little Shy Guy just ask for some clean, ol' fashioned, manly conversin'?

Also, just to put my opinion in, I'm going to expand a bit more so I'm still on topic. I bort another game console yesterday (One million NintenDan dollars if you can guess which one) and at first I was feeling bad for spending so much money. But after blankly staring at the box for 2 minutes I felt happy that I got it.

I just kinda see my poota as a work thing more than a game thing. I might come to the stage where the two become one, but at the moment, I'm okay with buying my wee little consoles. The only games I play on the computer would be maybe Terraria and random indie games, and even then, I haven't touched many of them for weeks.

The PC games could be cheaper, or more diverse, or even "better", or easier to set up, or X and Y, but nuffin' beats the memories I have and continue to make with the consoles. My lifestyle revolves around the computer so it's just refreshing to get away from it and do something else, whether that be playin' on my console or whatever.

But of course, that's how I feel. Heaps of you probably think I'm a silly goat for blowing money on a console, or doing what my computer already can do, but eh. Diversity for all! HAPPY FUN TIMES.

Okay then.

Okay then.

PC games as in Roms,or pc games as in online???

@TheTC Copying my posts, I see.

Who's this "TheTC" guy you're talking about?

Anyways, I realize now my post is pretty much identical to one of your older ones, I just posted before I read the rest of the posts. Whoopsies. My (your) point still stands, though.

PC games as in Roms,or pc games as in online???

...What?

I'm sure if I was a graphics junky, I'd play PC games, but my consoles perform well enough to please me. I didn't buy the Wii U for the HD graphics, I bought it for the fun, 5 player asymmetric gameplay that isn't available (or at least not commonly) on a PC. Also, I enjoy playing games in the same room as my friends (real life friends that I know, not people online who I've never seen in person). I have never seen a really good split-screen PC game... not sayin' they don't exist. I think my love for truly social gaming is the reason why I've remained a Nintendo fan throughout all of these years where more powerful machines are available. Other companies have taken out social gaming quietly, like an NPC in a Metal Gear Solid stealth op.

Even though I am a PC gamer I still own a 360. If you ask why, not all of my friends have the ability to own great computers that will allow them to meet certain system specs.; therefore, I used to buy some games (such as COD, Halo, etc) for the 360 so I can play my favorite titles with my friends.

So you're generalizing all PC games based on a muliplayer mode from one game? That's very idiotic. The same thing can be said for console games. Some of the console games have really crappy multiplayer as well. And I do not understand "...nerds making challenge lobby's on my MW3...". Do explain. However, even if you explain that part of the sentence, your reasoning for why PC games are crap is still idiotic.

Hey i quoted you twice haha.....well what im talking about are people who are playing on pc....but playing console games on pc.....so some dude making challenge lobby's on MW3....thats using a PC to hack online matches that are happening....Now back to making sense,i dont like PC games becuzz they are super-slow and when you think about choosing a game that looks cool it ends up being complete crap,also THEY DONT MAKE SENSE! i click on a simple game and all i see is mario getting shot rapidly in the head with a spas-12....

Bear in mind your PSVita vs 3DS thread's original post was edited a million times and you said in the first post something alone the lines of the Vita absolutely sucking, whereas I wasn't so critical. I expected some debate obviously, but why can't a simple little Shy Guy just ask for some clean, ol' fashioned, manly conversin'?

Also, just to put my opinion in, I'm going to expand a bit more so I'm still on topic. I bort another game console yesterday (One million NintenDan dollars if you can guess which one) and at first I was feeling bad for spending so much money. But after blankly staring at the box for 2 minutes I felt happy that I got it.

I just kinda see my poota as a work thing more than a game thing. I might come to the stage where the two become one, but at the moment, I'm okay with buying my wee little consoles. The only games I play on the computer would be maybe Terraria and random indie games, and even then, I haven't touched many of them for weeks.

The PC games could be cheaper, or more diverse, or even "better", or easier to set up, or X and Y, but nuffin' beats the memories I have and continue to make with the consoles. My lifestyle revolves around the computer so it's just refreshing to get away from it and do something else, whether that be playin' on my console or whatever.

But of course, that's how I feel. Heaps of you probably think I'm a silly goat for blowing money on a console, or doing what my computer already can do, but eh. Diversity for all! HAPPY FUN TIMES.

PC Gaming isn't restricted as you think it is, you're completely forgetting about MMO's, which are free and some are really high-quality, oh, and regulary updated.

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/

http://www.elswordonline.com/

Dragon Nest is a "console-ish" game, you can even use a controller to play it if you don't like keyboards, and you can play with up to 16 people at a time, compared to a consoles limit of people, online or local.

Oh, and updated regulary, and is 100% free, you can get everything from the cash shop for free.

League of Legends is updated every 2 weeks on average, and is one of the most competitive eSports at the moment, can play up to 5 people at a time, doesn't require any type of high-end computer, but can have nice graphics if you do have one.

Those are just a few examples on top of my head, they are high quality FREE games that don't require a high end computer (Dragon Nest requires a stable internet connection tho).

The point I'm trying to prove here?

PC Games aren't as pricy as you said.

Sounds like you're playing flash games on a cheaply built PC to me.

Sounds like you're playing flash games on a cheaply built PC to me.

your probaly right....

Personally I prefer PC, although we have consoles as well. In general I like the games better, and with things like the Humble Bundle and Steam, you can get great games very inexpensively. I love that I can play older releases as well without having to worry as much about whether the mostly unmodifiable console is backwards compatible. I like that I can get different controllers to hook up to it, or something like the gamepad for I use for WoW. And the wider range of customizations, mods and such for games available on PC's appeals to me.

PC Gaming isn't restricted as you think it is, you're completely forgetting about MMO's, which are free and some are really high-quality, oh, and regulary updated.

Dragon Nest is a "console-ish" game, you can even use a controller to play it if you don't like keyboards, and you can play with up to 16 people at a time, compared to a consoles limit of people, online or local.

Oh, and updated regulary, and is 100% free, you can get everything from the cash shop for free.

League of Legends is updated every 2 weeks on average, and is one of the most competitive eSports at the moment, can play up to 5 people at a time, doesn't require any type of high-end computer, but can have nice graphics if you do have one.

Those are just a few examples on top of my head, they are high quality FREE games that don't require a high end computer (Dragon Nest requires a stable internet connection tho).

I completely disagree when you say that LoL is one of the most competitive eSports at the moment. StarCraft is way more intense.

Shy Guy said on 09 December 2012 - 09:00 AM:

Hey i quoted you twice haha.....well what im talking about are people who are playing on pc....but playing console games on pc.....so some dude making challenge lobby's on MW3....thats using a PC to hack online matches that are happening....Now back to making sense,i dont like PC games becuzz they are super-slow and when you think about choosing a game that looks cool it ends up being complete crap,also THEY DONT MAKE SENSE! i click on a simple game and all i see is mario getting shot rapidly in the head with a spas-12....

That's why you read reviews before you buy a game, and that's what the summary on the back of the game is for. Why would you buy a game just because the box art is pretty? Furthermore, what kind of game are you playing? Mario being head shot with a SPAS-12? Seriously?

I completely disagree when you say that LoL is one of the most competitive eSports at the moment. StarCraft is way more intense.

That's why you read reviews before you buy a game, and that's what the summary on the back of the game is for. Why would you buy a game just because the box art is pretty? Furthermore, what kind of game are you playing? Mario being head shot with a SPAS-12? Seriously?

If you judge the games themselves, I agree.

But you must consider that LoL is having 5mil tournaments, and is the most successful free MMO for some time now.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/12/league-of-legends-claims-title-of-most-played-video-game-in-the/

If you judge the games themselves, I agree.

But you must consider that LoL is having 5mil tournaments, and is the most successful free MMO for some time now.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/12/league-of-legends-claims-title-of-most-played-video-game-in-the/

If we think about how much each player gets after they win and after tax deduction it's almost the same amount a SC2 player gets from MLG. And why do you classify LoL as an MMO? Do you mean to classify as a MOBA?

Dan Im in the same boat as you and I can relate.Only thing unique to me is that I choose Console over PC becuase I see Nintendo as the superior platform,when it comes down to the games.

If you want to set up a Pc with a tv you'll need either a VGA cable(the video cable used on desktop pc's) or an HDMI cable,and of course a tv with ports for those. :p

Back