PC Specs for Fallout 4

PC Specs for Fallout 4

Discussion in 'PC & Mobile Forum' started by Demon_Skeith, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

We're getting closer to the Fallout 4 release date, so its time to start researching to see if your PC can handle it or not as posted today.

2. Gimgak

Gimgak Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $634
    So I theoretically hit the minimum requirements, but I know at this point I'm going to need to do some upgrading if I want to get a good experience out of fallout 4. I guess it's about time anyway...

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    It sucks that laptops can't upgrade graphics cards (only 3% of 'em can).

I need to order a tower and hook it up to my monitor that isn't really doing anything to play the resource-intense PC games.

4. Gimgak

Gimgak Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $634
    Yeah, I mean I'm considering the possibility of building a new tower. Friend of mine just set up an awesome one for a cool $1500, don't even need something that powerful but a little kick doesn't hurt

5. VirusZero

VirusZero Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Theoretically I can play Fallout 4... I mean in the benchmark scores both my CPU and GPU match or exceed the minimum requirements.

My Core i7-4700HQ vs Core i5-2300 and my GTX 765M vs GTX 550 Ti but there are still aspects I'm worried about... namely that the GTX 550 Ti has a higher clock speed (100mhz more), more memory bandwidth (34.4GB more) and 8 more render output processors. So it may be just enough that the 765M can't handle FO4.

So that has me kind of hesitant to spend money to buy the game if I'm not sure it'll run.

6. lb

lb 愛してるザラ Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $6,804
    What about PCs with AMD processors?

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Check the right part of the line in the first post.