Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Thinking about upgrading to Windows 10 ( Marc Marc )? You might want to give this article a read to see what hell troubles await you. Read here

If you don't want to read it all, just know like any past upgrades in the windows family. Make sure you do a clean install and not a simple upgrade.

It is also a good idea to see if your software, and hardware like video card, sound card, motherboard, Printer, Scanner, mouse, keyboard and other parts are compatible with Windows 10 before you clean install Windows 10.

It is also a good idea to see if your software, and hardware like video card, sound card, motherboard, Printer, Scanner, mouse, keyboard and other parts are compatible with Windows 10 before you clean install Windows 10.
^This... I deal with clients every damn day that upgrade to Windows 10 and realize their 10+ year old printer no longer works...

I believe so, but I'm pretty sure upgrading and downgrading will mess something up even further.
You would be surprised how well the revert system works. I would say the first month of the Windows 10 release, we reverted atleast 50 computers at work. Only 2 had issues and that was more of a fault on us. Infact I think we had more reverts then upgrades during that time haha.

You would be surprised how well the revert system works. I would say the first month of the Windows 10 release, we reverted atleast 50 computers at work. Only 2 had issues and that was more of a fault on us. Infact I think we had more reverts then upgrades during that time haha.

good to know.

Well, having a relatively new (4 years old) PC with decent specs, I seem to not have run into any issues upgrading to Windows 10 (so far) other than the fact that I can't figure out how to permanently replace Windows' default apps for videos, photos etc. with the programs I used before. I replace them by right clicking on the icons and choosing Open with and then a notification pops up in the right side saying that an error prevented the program from continuing to open that type of file and it replaced it with the corresponding Windows app.

Back