Play Coins "Cheat"

Did you know this? Did you play Animal Crossing which helped you know about time effecting games?

• Yes, but I've never played Animal Crossing

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yes; I've also played Animal Crossing

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No, and I've never played Animal Crossing

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No, but I've played Animal Crossing

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spymoft

Awards
Credits
I browsed the forums and didn't come across any thread about this so I thought I'd just add this as my first topic.

I'm pretty sure everyone here is familiar with Play Coins and how it works. 10 coins only per day, 100 steps per coin, etc. etc. And if anything, I'm pretty sure everyone here is also familiar with Animal Crossing. In Animal Crossing, if you changed the system time/date, it would also effect the game itself. The same thing happens with Play Coins! If you push the date back one and then forward back to the original date, you're allowed to get another 10 coins on top of the ones you obtained.

Theres one or two little set-backs however, you lose all your step count and this can possibly affect your activity log (as the warning sign when changing date tells you). To keep your step count though I found a "fluke" simply because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - I haven't found out how to exactly keep them. To do so though usually involved me getting the coins, using the coins, waiting a certain amount of time, then "doing the time shift."

This has helped me a lot seeing as I barely get any Streetpasses where I live, forcing me to use many Play Coins to beat Find Mii and Puzzle Swap.

Hopefully this helps a few who haven't already done this themselves!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing the people who never played Animal Crossing never thought about changing the date haha
tongue.gif

I alreasdy knew about this.. You should probably mention that this can mess up your activity log.

You know you dont have to walk to get steps. just tap the left and right corners of you 3ds on your thigh like a see-saw. the faster you do it the faster the counter rise.. it just need to feel the simulation of the vibes you get from a step and the counter jumps like crazy!!! did this the 1st day i got my 3ds. instant 10 coins in about 5 to 7 mins LOL

very nice find. i heard about this when browsing for nintendog cheats. i didnt know this worked on play coins tho.

I found out about this on youtube. I hated that you could only get 10 coins per day, so I looked up ways to get more coins per day. And that's when I stumbled across this little "cheat." (last post as a banana rank!!)

I thought about doing this, but then I gave Nintendo a bit more credit because I thought play coin earning was through real time. As in the literal time had to pass before you could earn any more daily rewards. Oh well.

I've known all about this before i even got my 3ds 2 yrs ago.I did a lil research on it before i got it

Well this was posted 1 year ago, so what is the point of even bringing it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back