Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

It's a peripheral blast from the past from the PS1 days when the first playstation had this and now it seems PS4 now has it as well.

Hum.....I didn't know they were doing something like this for the PS4. I remember when they did it for the PS1. I wonder what made them go with this again.....

This does look like a good monitor for PS4 gaming while away from home like at a hotel room without a TV.

This does look like a good monitor for PS4 gaming while away from home like at a hotel room without a TV.

That's true. While I'd rather play on a tv, this is a good thing to have if you take it with you when you go out of town or something.

Plus, if you want to play your game but someone else is watching tv......then you can always just use that to play your game so that you and the other person aren't fighting over the tv.

I dont get it, that is a simple screen. Wouldn't a tablet or a small plasma be better?

I dont get it, that is a simple screen. Wouldn't a tablet or a small plasma be better?

Yes, I think a tablet or small plasma TV would be better. But, this 11.6 inch monitor cost $299 at Amazon, so it is cheaper than most good 10-11 inch or bigger tablets like the iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 which can cost over $500. I think you also need to use the Playstation Remote Play app for the PS4 to work on Android and iOS.

A plasma TV is also heavier to carry around for travelling, but a Plasma TV would be better for gaming on if you plan to play games mostly at home.

Last edited:
We dont really need to travel around, as far as I am aware, most houses have a TV and your PS4 doesn't come with a battery, meaning you can only play inside.

I just found on the internet a 11inch "portable TV" for $100 including TV functions, which looks like a tablet. I think it is a better deal than this one that wants some $ because they have PS logo in it.

We dont really need to travel around, as far as I am aware, most houses have a TV and your PS4 doesn't come with a battery, meaning you can only play inside.

I just found on the internet a 11inch "portable TV" for $100 including TV functions, which looks like a tablet. I think it is a better deal than this one that wants some $ because they have PS logo in it.

I agree a portable TV would be more affordable to play games on because they cost around $100 instead of $300. Plus, you get stuff like a remote, TV Tuner, and sometimes get older video and audio ports like RCA/composite, coax, s-video, and component.

I seen some cheap portable TVs with a DVD player built-in, so you also get a DVD player.

There are also $100 10-11 inch portable DVD player with a built-in screen, and a HDMI input port for plugging in a device like a PS4, or laptop.

Back