Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown:

The United Kingdom's Competition Markets Authority regulatory body, who is currently investigating the Microsoft-Activision merger, just published two new sets of documents today that reveal some very interesting information. One of the documents outlines Sony's response and statements to the CMA's concerns about the merger. Included in Sony's comments is a snippet about the next-generation PlayStation console.

According to the document, Sony could expect the PlayStation 6 to release as early as 2027. This would give the PS5 a shorter 7-year life cycle when compared to the PlayStation 4. No details on the new PS6 were confirmed or discussed, just a brief timetable on when consumers could expect the new higher-end PlayStation hardware.

They should first make PS5 readily available before they start talking about PS6 silly lol.

Reactions: cm2
Hopefully, the PS6 will be backwards compatible with PS5, PS4, and other older Sony console games.

Damn, forgot that the PS5 was released in November 2020. Feels like it wasn't even that far back when it came out

I couldn't imagine them going any other way than a PS6. I'd actually love to see a PS6 + PS PC Store for Windows, but the handful of games they drop on Steam is keeping me happy.

I wonder if the 7-year mark is an internal goal knowing that it is going to delayed a lot due to modern-day supply and labor problems.

Back