PlayStation Appoints Hideaki Nishino and Hermen Hulst as New CEOs

cpvr

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Effective June 1, 2024, Hideaki Nishino will be appointed CEO of SIE’s Platform Business Group, and Hermen Hulst will be appointed CEO of SIE’s Studio Business Group.

Hiroki Totoki, who has been serving as interim CEO of SIE, will serve as Chairman of SIE in addition to his role as President, COO and CFO of Sony Group Corporation. Nishino and Hulst will report to Totoki.

Sony Interactive Entertainment is a dynamic and growing business that delivers incredible entertainment experiences through the connection of content and technology. These two leaders will have clear responsibilities and will manage strategic direction to ensure the focus remains on deepening engagement with existing PlayStation users and expanding experiences to new audiences,” said Totoki.

Nishino is currently SVP, Platform Experience Group, and leads the team responsible for developing the experiences and technology within PlayStation products and services. In his new capacity as CEO of the Platform Business Group, Nishino will continue to be responsible for technology, products, services, and platform experience. He will also oversee third party publisher and developer relations and commercial operations, including sales and marketing of hardware, services, and peripherals.

Source: PlayStation Appoints Hideaki Nishino and Hermen Hulst as New CEOs

Wait... two CEOs?

I wish Hideaki Nishino good luck as CEO of SIE’s Platform Business Group.

The main Big Boss is Japanese, Hiroki Totoki, The two (mini bosses) CEOs must report to him so A Japanese guy is in full control lol

Well there is still the 1 big boss above them .

I've never heard before they have two captains in one ship. This is not a good idea in my opinion.

Back