Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
An extensive survey of over 30,000 votes were cast by the UK's largest men's lifestyle website, AskMen.com, to find just what are the most important innovations in the modern world.

The overall winner was, unsurprisingly, the Internet. Invented by British computer scientist Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the Internet transmitted it's first successful communication in 1990.

But perhaps more interestingly, video games fared pretty well in the poll. The Sony PlayStation was voted in at number 4 - ahead of the Personal Computer in 5th place. Launched in 1994, Sony's new console quickly challenged the dominance of console giants Nintendo and SEGA, and has been pinpointed by some as bringing video games to an older, more mature audience.

Meanwhile, Xbox LIVE was also voted as the 20th most essential invention by readers of the site. For a full list of the AskMen Innovation Awards click here.

source

That's quite an odd result.

Considering the vote was not done for PS gaming vs PC gaming. I guess this is what happens when you ask men, who are all avid gamers.

:lmao:

When it comes to gaming I don't think a PC can ever be better than a Console. But overall I would think that a PC is a much better invention. I't not just limited to playing games or watching movies or evening connecting to the internet, there just a whole world of possibilities.

Did they include more teenagers than adults? The results do point to that possibility. While the sample size is big enough, it does not necessarily reflect the opinion of general public. The computer is one of the greatest inventions ever and I cannot even fathom bow it was voted below a gaming console.

In my opinion, PC beats PS because you can do a lot more with a PC than just playing games on a PS.

It's hard to compare the two. Computers will almost always have better graphics, but the games will be more lacking. There are simply more people with consoles than there are with $1,500+ computers that can actually run high-end games. More potential customers means more sales. That is why nearly all devs focus on consoles for games. Having the game come out cross-platform for the PC is just an afterthought.

It had to beat PC. Console gaming is very entertaining. Alhought i still play games on my pc and enjoy it. PC gaming would never die but Playstations could

It's hard to compare the two. Computers will almost always have better graphics, but the games will be more lacking. There are simply more people with consoles than there are with $1,500+ computers that can actually run high-end games. More potential customers means more sales. That is why nearly all devs focus on consoles for games. Having the game come out cross-platform for the PC is just an afterthought.
^ Exactly my thoughts. At the end of the day NO ONE wants to spend $500-600 on a console to begin with but if it comes down to spending $500-700 on a console as opposed to $1,500-3,000 for a computer that can handle the same type of graphics, albeit slightly better, most will op for the $700 game console.

An extensive survey of over 30,000 votes were cast by the UK's largest men's lifestyle website, AskMen.com, to find just what are the most important innovations in the modern world.

The overall winner was, unsurprisingly, the Internet. Invented by British computer scientist Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the Internet transmitted it's first successful communication in 1990.

But perhaps more interestingly, video games fared pretty well in the poll. The Sony PlayStation was voted in at number 4 - ahead of the Personal Computer in 5th place. Launched in 1994, Sony's new console quickly challenged the dominance of console giants Nintendo and SEGA, and has been pinpointed by some as bringing video games to an older, more mature audience.

Meanwhile, Xbox LIVE was also voted as the 20th most essential invention by readers of the site. For a full list of the AskMen Innovation Awards click here.

source
I personally think that PC is better than Playstation, although there's some part that can't be denied...
Like... the graphics for Playstation is better....
But, PC will overcome it later.. cause we can play many Playstation emulator in PC.
I'm quite surprised after seeing PC is under Playstation but i think PC will beat Playstation in the future.
Cause we didn't use PC only for playing games but for living, works, etc.

Back