Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
full

In a (totally copy as Nintendo usual) Nintendo can do it so can we move, Sony has just announced their own mini console, the PlayStation Classic.

The mini console will launch on December 3rd 2018 in the US and Canada and will have 20 games on it which the first five teased are Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. The PlayStation Classic will include two original PS1 controllers and a HDMI cable, and cost US$99.99

Sadly it lacks a AC adapter with it and only the usb cable will be included to give it power.

I like this. But I'll only get it if it has Castlevania Symphony of the Night included in the 20 games.

Wonder if The Legend Of Dragoon is in it. Sony should make a new The Legend Of Dragoon game, I like that game. And Wild Arms, dang If only there's a new wild arms game for Ps4 in development instead of that mobile game.

Wonder if The Legend Of Dragoon is in it. Sony should make a new The Legend Of Dragoon game, I like that game. And Wild Arms, dang If only there's a new wild arms game for Ps4 in development instead of that mobile game.

they need to make another or completely redo the original, it was a good play but it has not aged well.

they need to make another or completely redo the original, it was a good play but it has not aged well.

I agree. C'mon Sony, you know your fans want it! I think it's been ages since the last time Sony Japan Studio created their own jrpg.

Last edited:
Well, they should just open a digital for this PS classic console so people can choose what they want. I mean there are hundreds of worthy games, 20 is a very small number.

Just read more on it from IGN:

"There are no plans to bring new content to PlayStation Classic post-launch," a PlayStation spokesperson said.

The PlayStation spokesperson confirmed the PS Classic will not have any online functionality or connect to existing PSN accounts. And, sorry trophy hunters, the games included have not been altered to include trophy support.

The 20 titles launching with the PlayStation Classic were selected due to their popularity amongst original PlayStation fans," the spokesperson told IGN. "However, it is important to note that the title list is tailored to each region."

And as to whether the Classic would affect any plans for other remasters or consideration for the downloading of older games on the PS4 or on future systems, the spokesperson said "No, PlayStation Classic is a separate initiative from any ports or re-releases of older titles."

This looks like a good game console for Playstation 1 fans who want to play these classic games, and like collecting mini consoles like the Snes mini and Nes mini.

Back