Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Wait what?

Indeed, the PlayStation Classic got a price cut yesterday, cutting its price down to $60. It's a shame considering its hard to find any of the Nintendo mini consoles much less getting a price cut. It just shows the PlayStation Classic is not living up to its name.

They need to add more classic ps1 games for it.

I think $60 is a ok price.

I feel bad for anyone who just bought it for a gift, they are out an easy $40. But with some easy skill this can be hacked to become the ultimate PS1 emulation physical console.

I feel using a PC for emulating PS1 games would be better since the PS1 classic may not have enough storage space to store a lot of PS1 ROMs/Disc image files.

There is probably a way for a PC to upconvert a PS1 game video resolution to 4K video resolution, so the game looks good on a modern 4K TV which is becoming more common.

I think $60 is a ok price.

I feel using a PC for emulating PS1 games would be better since the PS1 classic may not have enough storage space to store a lot of PS1 ROMs/Disc image files.

There is probably a way for a PC to upconvert a PS1 game video resolution to 4K video resolution, so the game looks good on a modern 4K TV which is becoming more common.

I think it takes is one big USB and the PS1 classic can play the entire library.

I think it takes is one big USB and the PS1 classic can play the entire library.

Does the PS1 console has the USB microchips/hardware and USB driver software/firmware which are needed to support a USB hard drive?

pretty sure it does, since a usb keyboard is all that is needed to hack it in the first place.

Does the PS1 have the hardware chips and drivers needed for attaching a large size hard drives?

I think some PCs and electronics in the past have problems seeing bigger storage size hard drives.

I think it would require a few hard drives to hold all the PS1 games which are probably around 650MB to 700MB in size like most CDs.

I feel the PS1 Classic could be more popular if it can play PSP Vita cartridge games, so buyers are not limited only playing the built-in games.

Back