Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Following the new date for the PlayStation Now beta in North America, Sony sent on a press release briefly discussing the price structures for its rental streaming program. According to Sony, the shortest periods will be "priced as low as $2.99," while most games - and presumably different rental options - will sit in the $3 to $20 range.

Additionally, while Sony only noted a beta date for North America, the company added it'll continue to prepare the service for Europe and Japan.
source

This service is still sound sketchy.

I can tell you right now there no way I am going to pay $20 to rent a video game. Most games can be beat in 8 hours or less. Not only that but I can go to my local video store and rent a new release for 7 days for $7. And I heard that most of the Playstationnow games are older titles. Who wants to pay even $3 to play a 2 year old game? I think the service is going to be a failure!

Greg

I think Onlive is a better deal with their $9.99 a month bundle price to play many PC quality games.

My PSN account is still locked after the hacking incident they had. I was unable to reset the password because I forgot my username or something similar. My PS3 is back in the UK :( I want to pick up a PS4 here in South America but not sure yet, after reading another thread it seems not all the latest games are coming out on the PS4 yet? I am more for buying games to support the development of future releases, if I'm not sure about a game I'll watch a few playthroughs or reviews on YouTube.

Stained Hero said:
I can tell you right now there no way I am going to pay $20 to rent a video game. Most games can be beat in 8 hours or less. Not only that but I can go to my local video store and rent a new release for 7 days for $7. And I heard that most of the Playstationnow games are older titles. Who wants to pay even $3 to play a 2 year old game? I think the service is going to be a failure!

Greg
Same with me, just might depend on the game if it's really worth it.

Back