Ash

Avid Gamer
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Steal More
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style
For the month of July, PlayStation Plus members will be able to enjoy Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 and Horizon Chase Turbo. Are these games that you look forward to playing?

Hahahahah, no. Worst games to put up but not like my backlog needs to grow.

What's awful is that PES 2019 is going to be useless in a few weeks. And the racing game is a free game on iOS which is just a joke. I'm not even sure if this is worse than the Xbox line-up for this month

LMAO. They must have heard all the complaints. They've taken PES 2019 off the list and dedicated to add Detroit: Become Human. I would have rather they removed the weird racing game though. PES 2019 and Detroit: Become Human would have been a decent line-up. And as bad as the game is, I would have liked to try PES 2019

LMAO. They must have heard all the complaints. They've taken PES 2019 off the list and dedicated to add Detroit: Become Human. I would have rather they removed the weird racing game though. PES 2019 and Detroit: Become Human would have been a decent line-up. And as bad as the game is, I would have liked to try PES 2019

wait, they changed the list?

Yep. They announced it yesterday (or might have been the day before). No reason was given but it was obvious they did it because of the outrage towards the game line-up. Although not sure why they replaced PES and not the weird racing game

I'm glad they swapped PES2019 out for Detroit: Become Human. I thought that Detroit: Become Human looked pretty awesome (and it was a game on my to get list... down the ways a bit, but there.) I thought it's promo was really cool looking and the world/story interests me. (I've always been more Cyberpunk than medieval fantasy. Give me robots, mechs and cybernetics over swords and magic any day.)

I think that Sony is in a tough spot now when it comes to their Plus free game lineup. They dropped PS3 and Vita games from rotation giving them only 2 games on the list. And for several months, with a few exceptions, the games they give away haven't been great. (Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and Sonic Mania was a good month... even if I owned both games already. But for those that didn't I think it would have been a good time to pick them up and enjoy.) People have been rather unhappy with the selections as of late and have been fairly vocal about it.

I should mention that whenever people are vocal about this there is always a minority who is upset. They didn't get game types they want. You can't please everyone. So that's not going to change any time soon. But this time it didn't seem like the minority anymore. It seemed like the majority was unhappy. And I kinda don't blame them. I'm not a big sport person myself. I don't like sport games or most racing games. I could easily see others in the same boat. Those who are big sport game lovers often buy the games at launch to enjoy them the most before the annual new release renders their copy out of date. So they aren't going to bother here either (they may already own the game).

I think going forward Sony may need to make changes on how they offer games.
I would like to see them offer a third game (kind of a compromise because they no longer offer PS3 or Vita games).

What may even be a good idea is to offer like 5 games per month but you can only pick 2 of them. Sort of like the "Welcome Back" program from 2011. This way they can offer even more selection to give people a choice (possibly shutting up some complainers) while still maintaining a limit so as not to get too crazy on costs.

I'm glad they swapped PES2019 out for Detroit: Become Human. I thought that Detroit: Become Human looked pretty awesome (and it was a game on my to get list... down the ways a bit, but there.) I thought it's promo was really cool looking and the world/story interests me. (I've always been more Cyberpunk than medieval fantasy. Give me robots, mechs and cybernetics over swords and magic any day.)

I think that Sony is in a tough spot now when it comes to their Plus free game lineup. They dropped PS3 and Vita games from rotation giving them only 2 games on the list. And for several months, with a few exceptions, the games they give away haven't been great. (Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and Sonic Mania was a good month... even if I owned both games already. But for those that didn't I think it would have been a good time to pick them up and enjoy.) People have been rather unhappy with the selections as of late and have been fairly vocal about it.

I should mention that whenever people are vocal about this there is always a minority who is upset. They didn't get game types they want. You can't please everyone. So that's not going to change any time soon. But this time it didn't seem like the minority anymore. It seemed like the majority was unhappy. And I kinda don't blame them. I'm not a big sport person myself. I don't like sport games or most racing games. I could easily see others in the same boat. Those who are big sport game lovers often buy the games at launch to enjoy them the most before the annual new release renders their copy out of date. So they aren't going to bother here either (they may already own the game).

I think going forward Sony may need to make changes on how they offer games.
I would like to see them offer a third game (kind of a compromise because they no longer offer PS3 or Vita games).

What may even be a good idea is to offer like 5 games per month but you can only pick 2 of them. Sort of like the "Welcome Back" program from 2011. This way they can offer even more selection to give people a choice (possibly shutting up some complainers) while still maintaining a limit so as not to get too crazy on costs.

I really don't think they can offer 5 games a month, I know they have a lot offer but that would burn their catalog pretty quickly. As that would be 60 free games a year and would hurt sales.

What would be really cool is if they gave us a selection of games every month and people could choose which two that they could get for free. Maybe have two lists and you can only have 1 from each list so that you're forced to take an indie game as well

Back