PlayStation Plus free games

GamerPerfection

Xbox 360
Awards
Credits
Can anyone that's got PlayStation Plus or anyone that knows tell me what games have been made available for free download and when etc.

I'm trying to do a comparison between Games with Gold and PlayStation Plus offers.

I'd like to know which months the games were made available, and whether the games are PS4, PS3, PS Vita etc etc.

Any help would be good.

Resogun and Contrast are the two free games for the PS4 is you have PS+. Resogun is brilliant but haven't played contrast as I've heard it sucks.  

Coming up on PS+ in January are DmC: Devil May Cry and Bioshock: Infinite (plus a few other things). 

In terms of current offerings, PS+ currently offers:
- Resogun (PS4)
- Contrast (PS4) - (Leaving on Jan 7th)

- Binary Domain (PS3)
- Borderlands 2 (PS3)
- Dyad (PS3)
- Grid 2 (PS3) - (Leaving on Jan 7th)
- Ibb Obb (PS3)

- Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed (Vita)
- Soul Sacrifice (Vita)
- Urban Trial Freestyle (Vita)
- Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (Vita)

- WipeOut 2048 (Vita) - (has been there since last year...)
- Gravity Rush (Vita) - (has been there since last year...)
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - (has been there since last year...)

In the past they have offered:

On PS3 -

Dragon's Dogma: Dark arisen (November 2013)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (September 2013)
Battlefield 3 (July 2013 )
Saints Row 3 (June 2013 )
Sleeping Dogs (May 2013 )
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (December 2012)

On Vita:
Sine More (October 2013 )
Blaz Blue: Continuum Shift Extend (May 2013 )
Disgaea 3: Absense of Detention (March 2013 )
Plants vs Zombies (Feb 2013)

PSP games (also on Vita):
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (December 2012 )
Maverick Hunter X (February 2013 )
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (May 2013 )
Gods Eather Burst (July 2013 )
Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Dark Tower (September 2013 )
Metal Slug XX (September 2013 )
GTA: Liberty City Stories (September 2013 )

Also, they list what they're offering here. (And that'll let you search back to see when things have been offered.)

Note: For all of the above lists, there is more than just what I've written... I just don't remember all of it. I'm trying to go off my memory as much as possible and there are games I don't remember. And I don't recall the exact dates when games were released. So I approximated the month. You'll have to check to verify them yourself off the PS+ blog I linked to a few times (or by using google).  

Thanks for the info, that's plenty to be working with for now. It's much more than I thought. It looks pretty good compared to what Microsoft give away each month. I know sometimes there's a free game on the Arcade every now and then but still it's nowhere near as good as that list.

Wow Playstation give a lot of games away on the PS3! I hope they eventually do that for the PS4. 

Do you think it's worth getting a PS3 just for the free games? Is it ok to use my PS4 PS+ on a PS3? 

PS+ carries over with your account. So if you have PS+ then it works on your PS3, PS Vita or PS4. 

Though just to be clear, some games are only available for download for a month or so after they were released. So, for example, Battlefield 3 was released in July 2013 but by August it was taken out of the Instant Game Collection. So if you joined PS+ after that (or were a member before, but never downloaded the game) then you couldn't get it anymore for free (unless of course they decide to repost it later, but they typically haven't done that). 

Now if you were a member of PS+ and you did download Battlefield 3 (or whatever game was released as part of the Instant Game Collection) then you can redownload it at any time for free without worry (provided you're still a member of PS+). 

Personally, I think it could be worth it to get a PS3 if you're planning on getting PS+ anyway (especially if you have a PS4 or Vita since then you basically get so many extra options). They tend to offer pretty good games for download and they rotate the game selection ever month so there is at least a few new games each month. 
Though I also think it's a good idea to get a PS3 just because of all the exclusive titles that they offer.

Thanks. I will think about getting one soon then. I have PS+ already for a year so no rush. I just dont want to buy one and then Sony stops giving away games on the system haha. 

It might have been given away for EU's Plus but I don't think it was part of the NA's Plus Instant Game Collection library.

It's free? I thought it was a full priced game. If it's free I'd probably go play it haha.  

Back